• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He says there's a chance he'll make the bench this weekend so it's not a serious injury at least.

Should we be worried that Feyenoord's training is more intense than ours?
Nah every team is different tbh.

For example Liverpool’s training is known to be quite low intensity due to how they play on match days. I think teams in Europe tend to have less intense training as well for obvious reasons.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Training sessions have been relaxed across the board in the Premiership due to the hectic scheduling since lockdown football. Not sure what the situation is now, but I remember a few outlets reporting this.

I remember during Emery's time the training was not what it should be with heavy emphasis on tactics and the players were very unfit. It has been noted by several like Luiz, Sokratis and some others that Arteta did actually improve this aspect.

Not sure what to make from the Feyenoord's comments, could be true it's hard to say. Reiss is a bit on the flimsy side as well, so consider me dubious.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah agree with @Macho and @Trilly - you can't read too much into different teams training regimes as they are all approaching fitness a little differently. I don't think fitness and intensity is our main issue anyway - they looked fine against Norwich late into the match.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Training sessions have been relaxed across the board in the Premiership due to the hectic scheduling since lockdown football. Not sure what the situation is now, but I remember a few outlets reporting this.

I remember during Emery's time the training was not what it should be with heavy emphasis on tactics and the players were very unfit. It has been noted by several like Luiz, Sokratis and some others that Arteta did actually improve this aspect.

Not sure what to make from the Feyenoord's comments, could be true it's hard to say. Reiss is a bit on the flimsy side as well, so consider me dubious.
Not to mention everyone’s favourite hobby
these days is taking shots at Arsenal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Funny how Wenger's training was too hard and now Arteta's isn't hard enough. Hopefully Nelson gets fit quickly and is able to stake a claim with us next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How was he overall?
He was above average. Easily one of their better players in his half hour cameo, linked up well with Malacia (a LB we were linked to a while ago). Very busy, made things happen when he was on the ball. Dribbling and speed looks to be a bit more secure and confident but still clearly far from his best. Big problem is that he probably could/should have been on the ball more than he was - I think that's more to do with him than his teammates (as bad as a lot of them were). That said, it was a good cameo, just a shame he wasn't rewarded with a goal or assist. I expect him to start for them this Thursday.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is looking unlikely that he'll make it here, but a full season at Feyenoord could do him the world of good. He has the talent to be a top player in that league. If he doesn't make it here, we should at least be able to sell him for a decent fee.

Also, at youth level he was regarded as just as good, if not better than ESR. It would be great for us if he fulfilled his potential.

Top Bottom