• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Another player who's value has absolutely tanked because he hasn't been playing. I know he probably could've left but wanted to stay in January. But it's a weird situation was getting a lot of game time, then didn't get chance, I remember he had an excellent EL game but literally never played at all after that.

What's funny is that a couple of years ago when the prospect of using him as part of a deal to get Zaha was proposed people were dead against it because they thought he was almost ready to make a real impact. Two years later and he's not really done a whole lot.

Think a lot of it has to do with Nelson himself. He's been average whenever given a chance and should have went out on loan because it was pretty evident he was way below on the pecking order. Looks scared to me and doesn't impose himself during games. Its high time he proves it elsewhere.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think a lot of it has to do with Nelson himself. He's been average whenever given a chance and should have went out on loan because it was pretty evident he was way below on the pecking order. Looks scared to me and doesn't impose himself during games. Its high time he proves it elsewhere.

TBF the signing of Willian essentially killed his career. Arteta was already playing Auba LW, we had Saka and Pepe and Martinelli was ahead of him. It should've been obvious last summer his time here was done. Someone should've made the decision then and there but he obviously still backed himself and didn't want to give up on his dream.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
TBF the signing of Willian essentially killed his career. Arteta was already playing Auba LW, we had Saka and Pepe and Martinelli was ahead of him. It should've been obvious last summer his time here was done. Someone should've made the decision then and there but he obviously still backed himself and didn't want to give up on his dream.

And thats exactly why he should have gone out on loan and proved himself elsewhere. He just can't back himself with performances in the training anymore. Also, if he is still being picky in terms of a loan move and backing himself to start here then he's just deluded.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
the loan links for him over the last 24 months are just bizarre... no idea if its him or his agent

dont really see the sense in it for Arsenal to be pushing them or really any real benefit for these foreign clubs without a buy clause

hopefully he has been learning German or Greek then to really kick on from day one... cant let another season slip away

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Depending on contract situation I think a loan would be best but only if he gets enough minutes. I think he should seriously consider any offers from the Championship.
Cant see anyone stumping up decent money for him at the mo.
He certainly needs to play more regularly and show he is at the required level to compete for a spot in the premier league.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
As a club we haven't done sell-on and buyback clauses much, if at all, particularly in recent years (there were some sell-ons in the past we made money on, iirc). Maybe we should look to these options more.
With the exception of Gnabry, who has been worth buying back? Malen maybe, Jeff and Bennacer arguably.

Iceman10

Established Member
With the exception of Gnabry, who has been worth buying back? Malen maybe, Jeff and Bennacer arguably.
If selling for 10m, I think a 25m-30m buyback is possible as insurance in case he does well and surprises, maybe a bit like Willock has done at Newcastle; and/or a good sell-on clause. This is if we can only sell him for 10m now as his valuation is in a trough because he's hardly played the last season. If we could get 20m I wouldn't be so bothered, but at 10m we should insert some clauses to benefit us if he does well at the buying club.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes he should've gone on loan but it doesn't negate the fact that he should've gotten many more opportunities.

How he didn't get a single kick in the PL after January is beyond me, especially considering how poor Willian was and it looks like Willian might f*ck off anyway so essentially we missed out on a large amount of opportunity to put time into developing Nelson for an oldie that'll probably go, you can't make that sh!t up.

But let's put all the blame on Nelson because he wanted to stay and try and fight for a place :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully a good loan is sorted for him and he can get his mojo back ala Willock. Then he can return and Arteta can faff about deciding whether he's "good enough" after he scores 7 in a row (in 7 appearances).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's simple, Nelson was given a platform at the start of the season - he was in the team and did nothing.

He had Europa starts and did little. Compare that to Saka and ESR. I appreciate that young players develop at different rates, but we owe him nothing.

It's his own fault for playing like a scared kitten on the pitch and then refusing to go on loan. I fully bought in to the Sancho comparisons- he isn't even Andros Townsend. Get him gone.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Reiss needs to have a hard think about his options this summer. This coming season could be pivotal to his career / developments.

He's not a teenager anymore. He can't keep relying on his hype from the youth teams. Hopefully he can get a productive loan with a lot of game time in a competitive league. Germany or the Championship would be my preferences ( I can't really see a PL side going for him, bar maybe Palace).

Then come back fresh with added experience, higher confidence and ready to make an impact here. He's been quite frustrating in a lot of ways but I'm loathed for us to give up on him too early. He has all the talent to make it here. It's the mental side that is more the issue I believe.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We need to do a lot of business this year. If we need €15m to rebuild the starting XI, then I would take it. If we can afford to loan him out for a year to a decent side without hampering our ingoing business that would be my preference. Market stinks this year and he still has potential. I would prefer to see him go to a PL side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom