• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Out of interest where do people rank Nelson in a contest of ability and output against Saka, Pepe, Martinelli and ESR? I have him rock bottom.by a large margin. What is the reason for keeping him?
Exactly. Nothing against him personally, he's just simply a player we don't need atm especially with no Europa league football which means no clustered schedule

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Barely played any football in the last 2 years. He needs to put on his big boy pants if he wants to be a successful footballer. Nobody hands you nothing no matter how talented you might be. You have to work hard and continue to work hard otherwise you up as a nobody that could have been somebody.

Out of interest where do people rank Nelson in a contest of ability and output against Saka, Pepe, Martinelli and ESR? I have him rock bottom.by a large margin. What is the reason for keeping him?
You don't know how to judge talent.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The right loan can make a big difference, even if just for value.

Think he's a special case for me, in that, if he was to have the perfect loan club, he could realize his potential still and either leave for big bucks or push on here.

Rarely have the feeling that the talent is absolutely there, but not so sure about his character and state of mind.
Equally vital, but much harder to predict as to how a person transforms on those dimensions

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You don't know how to judge talent.
How can you judge talent that's barely featured in 2 years? What has he done in those limited performances? When has he played and made you or anyone think he needs to play the next game?

Football is literally full of stories of talented players that fail to make it. It's also full of stories of less talented players that have made it. Tierney being a prime example. Nearly cut, a bit of luck and he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and hasn't looked back since.

Multipass

If he was riding the pine at man city they be getting Brewster money on a sale. We’d get peanuts. The chance of him reaching his high ceiling outweighs the little money we’d get for him and the low wages we’d be covering in the meantime. No way I sell unless a silly offer comes in.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

How can you judge talent that's barely featured in 2 years? What has he done in those limited performances? When has he played and made you or anyone think he needs to play the next game?

Football is literally full of stories of talented players that fail to make it. It's also full of stories of less talented players that have made it. Tierney being a prime example. Nearly cut, a bit of luck and he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and hasn't looked back since.

Yeah, I mean what I will say is that when he played last season though he produced in some moments (I'm thinking his goal against Liverpool and the really good assist against Portsmouth in the FA Cup) it did always look like he played within himself and I was worried for him.

But, but, but, in the Europa League this season it finally started to look like things were clicking and he was starting to come out of his shell.

I think particularly it was the Molde away game (if memory serves correct) he looked electric, was taking on players and was actually doing more than turning and passing.

But then he got zilch in terms of opportunities after I think it was the Rapid game, nothing; no Europa league and no league opportunities, right when the iron was reaching peak hotness and he might've gone on from there.

James from the Arsecast always talks about sliding doors moments and literally that was it right there, why he then got grounded for the entire half season is again, beyond me.

I don't know if him not going on loan somehow really p!ssed off Arteta (lord knows, as a youngster you look at him wrong and he'll probably try to end your career) but well here we are.

But from the goals he scored at Hoffenheim to how he started to perform in the EL at the beginning of the season, I hold out faith that with the right loan he can start to do well consistently.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Benched in Germany - good stats but average performance, you'll take that though. No impact at Arsenal. His vest performance was probably a Carling cup game against Forest.

I repeat- whose development do you stunt to see if Nelson can contribute? Saka, ESR, Martinelli or Pepe? Because none of those have questions marks as to whether they can contribute.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

What about a club like Reading? Near London, had a very good season last year even if it wasn't enough for promotion. 46 games plus domestic cups, young players should be all over getting a chance in the Championship. Can really learn your trade there.
What about Huddersfield? :shivering:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Smart move if true, interesting to see how this one develops over the window. Agree with @Trilly though - if we keep him here he's taking minutes from another player - probably Martinelli or ESR so hopefully we can move him on one way or another in the best interests of everyone.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think we should probably sell him soon, at this point.

At best here, he is going to be Saka's back-up...and considering Saka came up through the youth team too and is younger than Reiss, Nelson will probably feel a little embarrassed by that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

At best here, he is going to be Saka's back-up...and considering Saka came up through the youth team too and is younger than Reiss, Nelson will probably feel a little embarrassed by that.
That's what I'm saying, he's been lapped by all his peers. I think he needs a fresh start in the Championship or Germany.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That's interesting I thought he was done here after barely playing last season. But he's 21 now he needs to start making strides in his career and get more minutes, he's isn't a youth player fresh out the academy anymore.
Might be a way to help keep his price up. First option might still be to sell and if not extend and loan. If he doesn’t and we cannot sell then park in the naughty boy cupboard for next season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Will be good for his value anyhow if he has a good loan. They need to find the right club, none of this Tony Pulis nonsense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom