• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

So Palace are the frontrunners according to Benge but they want a loan first. Doesn't look feasible if Nelson doesn't sign an extension.

Who will you be adopting for your next son if Reiss does go? Omari Hutchinson perhaps?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he having 1 year left in his contract we shouldn't ask more than 10M or even a drop the value bit more he hardly played last 2 years and in pre-season he looked very average i can see why clubs not want to invest on him.

Goonger

Think Palace already have 2 players on loan, which is the maximum allowed at any 1 time so they'd need to purchase Reiss or send Mateta back a year early.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Get him gone. Loan with 15m obligation. He is nowhere near Saka Pepe or Martinelli. He's got the toughness of a wet paper bag. The likes of AMN and even Nketiah have offered much more.

I bought into the Nelson dream, but wanted to cash out a couple of years ago. Mentally fragile and plays like a scared boy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think Palace already have 2 players on loan, which is the maximum allowed at any 1 time so they'd need to purchase Reiss or send Mateta back a year early.
I think its 4 loanees, you can't loan more than 1 from the same club however.

Goonger

I think its 4 loanees, you can't loan more than 1 from the same club however.
Checked the rules....

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
They were never my sons :fibs:

Don't recall you ever hyping up Patino, but you were pretty high on Azeez for a while. I like Azeez, but I am not going to lie, I rated Musah over him. Musah just had this overwhelming physical potential, while still being competent technically. Azeez has good physical gifts, but I don't see him as a stand out athlete. His technical level and intelligence will need to be really high for him to become prominent here. I am actually pretty high on the Lokonga kid, I like what I have seen so far. He has the look of a natural. Just makes everything look easy, high level technique. Some of the passes he completed against Chelsea were quality.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Top clubs don't wait on their academy players to become top players.

We have Saka and Esr from the academy as core members of the team. We've Bellerin in there also. There aren't many other top teams operating with more than that and there is a reason for that. Most academy players simply aren't good enough or ready for that level.
Please dont say that on here our academy players are absolutely nailed on destined for greatness.
They are all being held back by that horrible nasty manager man :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't recall you ever hyping up Patino, but you were pretty high on Azeez for a while. I like Azeez, but I am not going to lie, I rated Musah over him. Musah just had this overwhelming physical potential, while still being competent technically. Azeez has good physical gifts, but I don't see him as a stand out athlete. His technical level and intelligence will need to be really high for him to become prominent here. I am actually pretty high on the Lokonga kid, I like what I have seen so far. He has the look of a natural. Just makes everything look easy, high level technique. Some of the passes he completed against Chelsea were quality.
I think with Azeez, he is as good as he wants to be - I think him having good physical attributes is more a secondary characteristic compared to his technical quality, which I believe to be considerable enough that he could be a CL level midfielder. Sometimes I just don't think he gives it 100%, I've seen him dial it in too many times. He should in theory be a lay-up and I've seen enough to suggest that he's getting over that side of his game - that said at this stage, with Lokonga looking a very strong capture, Azeez's position is less secure than it was a few months ago.

Patino has the benefit of more time on his side - he has the technical quality and combines it with the requisite intelligence and (surprisingly) aggression to make it work. Which is one of the reasons why people like Patino so much. He's a bigger prospect than perhaps I have conveyed in the past.

Kwaku

If Nelson goes to Palace, he’s probably riding bench there also. Signing Willian messed up his development. He should of at least been sent out on loan last season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Nelson goes to Palace, he’s probably riding bench there also. Signing Willian messed up his development. He should of at least been sent out on loan last season.

I think the bigger issue was Nelson's lack of impact if you get a chance you need to grab it with both hands. Plus, he allegedly refused a loan.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I think with Azeez, he is as good as he wants to be - I think him having good physical attributes is more a secondary characteristic compared to his technical quality, which I believe to be considerable enough that he could be a CL level midfielder. Sometimes I just don't think he gives it 100%, I've seen him dial it in too many times. He should in theory be a lay-up and I've seen enough to suggest that he's getting over that side of his game - that said at this stage, with Lokonga looking a very strong capture, Azeez's position is less secure than it was a few months ago.

Patino has the benefit of more time on his side - he has the technical quality and combines it with the requisite intelligence and (surprisingly) aggression to make it work. Which is one of the reasons why people like Patino so much. He's a bigger prospect than perhaps I have conveyed in the past.
I rated Musah highest of that class like @Geofranco , because he looked like a potential world-class talent as an explosive, technical 8, but the way Valencia is developing him, and the lack of focus on his technical and tactical development as a central midfielder, it is currently looking to me like Azeez might actually be the better prospect. As an interior wide player Musah's potential is a lot more limited, for me, and it will be harder and harder to develop him as a midfielder the more this goes on. Azeez as you say really has everything to be a top CM.

Patino is an absolutely fantastic prospect and I dream of him being a world class 6 and controller, which are just so rare and have so much value. But I don't want to get my hopes up at this point because I know how this goes and the overwhelming odds are that one of him or Azeez will leave the club before they meet their potential, and indeed the strong odds are that neither of them will end up being world class players for Arsenal. As Azeez is closer to the first-team I try to keep my focus on him and how the club is handling or mishandling him, without setting myself up for too much heartbreak, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom