• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
why is he still here?
He heard what Knob Balding got given despite being **** and is holding (no pin) out for similar or better.

He's just working on his changing room banter over pre season.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I'm sad to think it won't work out for reiss I was really hoping he could make it here, I think the badge is too heavy, we should make decent change off of him.

Multipass

Never saw what the hype was about. Never showed me anything special at 1st team level. Guys like Reiss need to carve out their career elsewhere and be in a team where they get regular minutes and can develop otherwise their career will pass them by. GL to him...
Saw him live during arsenals preseason tour in australia and he was the standout player on the pitch at just 18. It’s been said before but over time he has just lost that spark. He went from a pacey confident youngster to a run of the mill wide man. I think somewhere along the way it was either coached out of him or he just couldn’t stand the scrutiny from making mistakes and doesn’t put himself out there anymore.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'll miss the kid being at Arsenal but he needs to do this. Can't be a bit part player at 23/24, has to play now that he's feeling himself again and strike while the irons hot. My wish is he goes to a team where he can play either a 10/second striker role or as a left sided inside forward. Anywhere that gives him the freedom to go inside more as that's where his best work tends to be. Not sure who that team is but Nelson on a free is a great pick up.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Deserves to be playing, good luck to him if this is his swan song.

Do not see him getting regular playing time here unfortunately

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nelson is much better than trossard, arteta losing all of our academy stars and signing lesser players. Esr, Nelson, patino, all leaving is irresponsible
Nelson wasn’t even standout in the Dutch league

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He deserves his chance to get more game time and excel. And he has excelled this season and been a genuine game winner despite probably being rusty. I think he needs to leave for his own good as we're suffocating his progress right now. He just needs the right club who doesn't have player blocking him starting and also plays attacking possession football.

Let's play Aubamawang

I'll miss the kid being at Arsenal but he needs to do this. Can't be a bit part player at 23/24, has to play now that he's feeling himself again and strike while the irons hot. My wish is he goes to a team where he can play either a 10/second striker role or as a left sided inside forward. Anywhere that gives him the freedom to go inside more as that's where his best work tends to be. Not sure who that team is but Nelson on a free is a great pick up.
If I were him, I'd look to Brighton. Gutted that he's leaving. This is Arteta's fault for saying how good he is then refusing to rotate the team.

Good luck to him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Isn't good enough to stake his place in a title challenging team and that's what we are/want to be for the foreseeable.

Our bench level should be Martinelli, Trossard, Xhaka, Partey, Tierney level players.

Not Eddie, Nelson, Elneny, Lokonga, Holding, etc.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Brighton's a relatively high profile move for him but he'd be rotating with Mitoma most likely. He should go somewhere he's gonna start more.
Maybe Wolves could be a decent shout, relatively safe and Lopetegui has improved and got them out of relegation zone quickly.

If bot then maybe Unai at Villa can give him another chance :)

TornadoTed

Established Member
Maybe Wolves could be a decent shout, relatively safe and Lopetegui has improved and got them out of relegation zone quickly.

If bot then maybe Unai at Villa can give him another chance :)
Wolves would need to have a bit of a clear out first. They are pretty stacked on the wings with Neto, Podence, Sarabia, Traore and Hwang.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Who could we realistically get behind Saka that significantly improves us over Nelson, though? Don't say Raphinha or Diaby, we're not City who has a bench full of 50m+ players.

Do think it's the best move for Nelson. He will be completely stuck in development if he says another season. He's shown in the short amount of time he has gotten this season that if he has his mojo, he could be a really nice asset for a midtable PL team.

By the way, not saying there are no options, but I don't instantly know who.

Sparrahork

Who could we realistically get behind Saka that significantly improves us over Nelson, though? Don't say Raphinha or Diaby, we're not City who has a bench full of 50m+ players.

Do think it's the best move for Nelson. He will be completely stuck in development if he says another season. He's shown in the short amount of time he has gotten this season that if he has his mojo, he could be a really nice asset for a midtable PL team.

I am torn on this, I feel reiss has had his development blocked time and time again at this club, a permanent move away could be good for him.

Having said that, this season he has made the overdue breakthrough, despite not getting as many minutes as he deserves. If he has intent of moving to a big club again I feel his best option would be to stay with ourselves, with champions league and a likely deeper domestic cup run he will get more minutes.

If he goes we need a Saka back up as we cannot expect him to play same amount of time every season, I don't see much out there better than Reiss who will accept they have next to zero chance of being a rw regular.

I hope Reiss going is not a done deal and a last minute agreement can be reached. I still feel Saka's back up may come from within, be it jesus, trossard or martinelli.

If Reiss does go an outlandish hope I have is that Pepe can come back and be reintegrated into the squad as rw backup. I am not sure we can sell him so why not give him pre season to show if he is onboard and now able to adapt to our system.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Options are few and far between.

Asensio
Pedro Neto
Olise
Malcom
Marcus Edwards
Chukwueze
Kubo
Yeremy Pino
Pulisic
Nico Williams
Jeremy Doku