• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

We do have to remember he played for U21s this summer and is now back in pre-season training. It may just take him a bit longer to get up to match fitness as a result. I have high hopes for this lad!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well it's true that he's looked inhibited this preseason, but he did have some nice spells during y̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶d̶a̶y̶'̶s̶ this morning's match.

The issue is that if you don't grab the limelight as a kid during preseason it may be hard to get playing time.

For example, I'm now confident that Willock and Nketiah will get some decent time if they don't go on loan as they've impressed a lot. Saka has looked a bit raw but has impressed greatly imho and I think will get time.

Reiss has only looked decent but I feel has been overshadowed a bit, but I do still hope he gets time, everyone will warm into a team differently, and perhaps it'll take time for him to get comfortable and express himself more.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Reiss has the case of the iwobis .....being too of a nice guy. Be a selfish ****, don't over think things my brother. Your first thought process needs to be I'm going to take this player on! Not to pass!

Arseshavin

Shoot first, think never
Evil-Dead-4-Plans-Ash-Vs-Canceled.jpg

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Reiss has the case of the iwobis .....being too of a nice guy. Be a selfish ****, don't over think things my brother. Your first thought process needs to be I'm going to take this player on! Not to pass!

That's the weird thing though, Reiss always played with bravado and had a swagger about him in the U18 and U23 teams.

He never seemed like the type to shy away from pressure or the spot light.

Although it did take him some time to adjust to the physicality of both those levels.

Cause he was already playing U18 football at 15 and U23 football at 16. But when he did, he was pretty dominant.

So maybe it's just taking him longer than the rest to adjust to playing against grown men.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He has no idea what decision to make when he's running with the ball just outside the opposition's area.

I think that's the difference between him and Saka at this level.

Saka is a very intelligent footballer who clearly knows what he wants to do before he starts a move.

He still makes mistakes, but he never really looks caught in two minds.

Nelson's passing, dribbling and decision making are strengths in his game, so it will be very disappointing if those attributes don't translate to first team success for him.

Gunner-Union

Saw some glimers of what he’s capable of when dribbling at pace. I think more than anything if he had 5+ games in a row you’d really see how good he is.

Zaha. Pea. Nelson/ saka

Cabellos. Lucas. Willock

Tierney. Sok. Holding. Bellerin/amn

Love another cb but can’t see it

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He needs more conviction, basically has to believe in his sauce because right now he's not convincing me he's ready for big minutes.

He needs more conviction, basically has to believe in his sauce because right now he's not convincing me he's ready for big minutes.

Lets finish the pre-season first before judging. I think there will be upwards trajectory in his game as he plays more.

But yeah I rather watch Mhikishitaryan play the big minutes!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why. So he can fluke shots somewhere else but here? He's still young but his shooting has been abysmal ever since he broke through. If can't get any better over here we should look to sell.

It's not outlandish to suggest that he'll develop his game with regular starts. If a 20 year old isn't great at shooting/finishing, it isn't the end of the world.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's not good enough to get significant minutes here. You'll want players who can change the game from the bench and he is not that right now.

A loan where he would play regularly would benefit him a lot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lets finish the pre-season first before judging. I think there will be upwards trajectory in his game as he plays more.

But yeah I rather watch Mhikishitaryan play the big minutes!
Why can't I judge him off of what I've seen of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom