• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can for all I care but I just think there is more to come from him. He is a youth talent who are building up his confidence and match sharpness again. He can play better.
Yeah I agree, in fact I know he can.

That's why I said he said he needs conviction. He's good, he needs to believe he's good and play fearlessly.

Easier said than done but football is a funny game and the mental side of it is underrated. For example I don't think Mbappe is as talented as his insane stats suggest but the kid is absolutely fearless and plays with 100% confidence.

Yeah I agree, in fact I know he can.

That's why I said he said he needs conviction. He's good, he needs to believe he's good and play fearlessly.

Easier said than done but football is a funny game and the mental side of it is underrated. For example I don't think Mbappe is as talented as his insane stats suggest but the kid is absolutely fearless and plays with 100% confidence.

Yeah at the moment I agree he is not ready for the big minutes! But what I meant to say is that the big minutes are not here. There are still few friendlies left to be played and hopefully he can move up levels before that.

db10fan

Why does Nelson get so much hype?

All the youngsters you listed have potential, but are nowhere near ready to make a big difference this season. Inexperienced youngsters should slowly make sub appearances in the league or start in the Europa/Cup games only.

We need to get into the top 4 this season...not fall further behind.

I believe we have bigger problems at midfield and defense than forward, and we also have more quality youths coming through at forward positions, hence my preference to improve our CM/LB/CB/RB before our forward. Based on USA tour, for CF, Auba/Laca shows signs to improve this season, while Nketiah/John-Jules has also been good. So I am willing to gamble on Reiss/Saka/Martinelli/Iwobi/Miki competing for wings.
BTW : nice to see another Jakartans on AM.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Top talent. Gonna surprise a few this season if Emery manage to bin the **** that Mkhitaryan is.
Won’t happen, Mkhi is one of his favorites in the team and Pepe/Auba/Iwobi will all be ahead of him on the wings. He should go on loan before he wastes a year on the bench.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Finally had the type of game I knew he had in his locker, was starting to worry that he would always play within himself.

This is the best chance he’ll ever have at being a starter.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nelson is the best prospect we have produced since Jack Wilshere.

I think many people don't understand how explosive he can be.

He doesn't have a ridiculous top speed, but his acceleration and short bursts of speed are elite.

Very quick feet with good close control in tight areas.

He just needs to calm down and not force the issue.

Reiss was even higher rated than Sancho and Odoi when they were all youngsters coming up.

Taarh

I hope he can make that extra step this season. He is exactly the type of profile we need in the squad.

I know a lot of the youngsters have been getting a lot of hype, but at the end of the day, if they can't do enough to convince Emery to stop picking the usual suspects over and over, they may just not be good enough.

Hope they prove me wrong, so far so good anyway based on today's showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom