• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Saw him live for about 10 minutes on Saturday. Looked awful. Didn't seem like he was in the game at all - bad runs, bad movement and no understanding with teammates- and also looked like he didn't really care to make an effort as a late sub.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Nagelsmann gave him another chance to impress despite his attitude but it‘s not taken again. At this point would anyone blame the manager if Nelson doesn‘t get picked anymore?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saw him live for about 10 minutes on Saturday. Looked awful. Didn't seem like he was in the game at all - bad runs, bad movement and no understanding with teammates- and also looked like he didn't really care to make an effort as a late sub.
Has been the theme of his last few subs since the winter break. Far from sharp.

Still champion him but gotta fight hard to get your respect.

Edit: didn't see the game so no idea how it went. He's been so frozen out that I forgot Hoffenheim were even playing!

HBL

Established Member
Nagelsmann gave him another chance to impress despite his attitude but it‘s not taken again. At this point would anyone blame the manager if Nelson doesn‘t get picked anymore?
Yeah must be so easy to make an impact when you have 9 minutes on the pitch.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yeah must be so easy to make an impact when you have 9 minutes on the pitch.

No one's saying that it's easy, but I was in the top ranks behind the Stuttgart goal for the second half when he came on so had Hoffenheim's offense right before me, and he didn't do ****. He didn't care to even try to be part of the game, move towards the ball or win it, and iirc he even crashed with a teammate because he was blocking the other guy's way.

If you're out of the manager's good graces, at least try to work hard when given a few minutes to show you actually care. I'm far from writing him off, but this doesn't shine a positive light on his mentality.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/p...education-Hoffenheim-loan-deal-nears-end.html

Dropped because he was 20 mins late for training - gotta turn up on time. Liked his measured analysis of his situation - we can get emotional and pontificate about how he should be handled but he understands that the onus is on him to perform. Acknowledged his dip in form too. This loan will have helped him IMO, let's just hope he finishes the season strongly and goes to the U21 tournament in good form.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If Nelson isn't in 1st team plans for next season, I'd like to see him get a loan with Southampton. They have been playing really good football since Hasenhuttl took charge. He's a fantastic coach that is not afraid to give young players an opportunity, and seems to have done a good job revitilsing Redmond, Ward Prowse, Bednarek and Hojberg
I’m not sure if Nelson is ready for the 1st eleven.
He has a lot of potential. But I don’t feel that: “wow...that’s something really amazing” when I see him play, like when i first saw the young fabregas and Nasri in Marseille.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’m not sure if Nelson is ready for the 1st eleven.
He has a lot of potential. But I don’t feel that: wow...that’s something really amazing when I see him play, like i first saw the young fabregas and Nasri in Marseille.
That's an interesting point, a lot of them have huge potential but when they transition to senior football they struggle with everything. It's not enough just to have football ability, you need to learn how to be a mature man at the age of 18/19 with loads of cash on your account and huge popularity even before you kick the ball at senior level. Small things like bad loan, contract situations, agents, girls, media, can impact his performances in a bad way which we don't consider when we look at him, but I guess handling these situations is what makes the difference between top talent that plays for Arsenal and top talent that finishes up playing in League 2.

9jagooner

That's an interesting point, a lot of them have huge potential but when they transition to senior football they struggle with everything. It's not enough just to have football ability, you need to learn how to be a mature man at the age of 18/19 with loads of cash on your account and huge popularity even before you kick the ball at senior level. Small things like bad loan, contract situations, agents, girls, media, can impact his performances in a bad way which we don't consider when we look at him, but I guess handling these situations is what makes the difference between top talent that plays for Arsenal and top talent that finishes up playing in League 2.
This is what I was trying to say some pages ago.
Asides emotions, I don't understand the clamour for these guys who can't even make regular first team appearances at clubs in Germany or lower leagues in England.
Reiss is very talented and so is Willock but they need to show they are physically and mentally ready for first team action. Wenger gave Reiss several chances and if I recall correctly, he didn't set the league alight. Fabregas on the other hand, from his first game, fans already saw him replacing the great Vieira. Same with Wilsh who showed he was class above Bolton players during his loan spell.

These young players will get their chance but they need to earn it. Some will prove themselves on loan, some will have to be patient with the odd Carling Cup games or league appearances. But when they get that chance, they need to grab it

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really sad because he looked very promising first half of season he lack bit of discipline but he young he'll learn from it hopefully

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Scored against Hertha, but it was a close offside call.

Edit: It counts. VAR corrected it, very close. 7th goal after a long time without scoring. Think it was his first contact.
That's great! I switched to man city game glad he scored

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sancho only got 3 goals more than Nelson and he played more games if Nelson keep his head in the game he can be just like Sancho

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sancho only got 3 goals more than Nelson and he played more games if Nelson keep his head in the game he can be just like Sancho

and Sancho only got 15 assists more and he offers much more than just goals and assists for the BVB Attack.

If Nelson doesn't score, he doesn't offer much at the moment. Hopefully this goal will give him a boost again. Still think he will not be a big help for us next season.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
and Sancho only got 15 assists more and he offers much more than just goals and assists for the BVB Attack.

If Nelson doesn't score, he doesn't offer much at the moment. Hopefully this goal will give him a boost again. Still think he will not be a big help for us next season.
Yes i know Sancho is levels ahead at the moment

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good to see him score, but overall quite a disappointing loan move. He has only made 700 minutes this season. I'm sure he could have gotten more staying at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom