• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Clarke-Salter just said Nelson is the most skill full player in training.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ain't in der line-up :(

Actually, neither are. Adelaide is playing though - he'll end up becoming a topclass player, isn't he ?

Always had the crafts. One more that got away..
Jeff's been a regular this season for Angers. One of the better dribblers in the top 5 leagues. No way he wasn't gonna start for this U21 team, been a regular in it for a couple years now. Jeff's starting to prove himself now.

Reiss still has a bit to do to be a starter ahead of someone like Demarai Gray, who's a regular starter for a projected upper mid-table team. Could argue he could get ahead of Sessegnon but Sessegnon also has more first team experience too. Reiss needs more games as currency to start ahead of these guys, regardless of whether he can make a better impact - managers like Boothroyd won't care about that, as evidenced by the fact that Dominic Solanke is starting despite not scoring for a year; ahead of Tammy Abraham who scored 26 in the Championship, and Calvert-Lewin.

Guendouzi is more of a surprise as I think he's a bit better than Tousart but Guendouzi slowed down a lot towards the end of last season.

A side note, but I'm glad to see Jay DaSilva starting and even though he plays for Chelsea, I still want us to sign him if possible. Future start at left back

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Clarke-Salter just said Nelson is the most skill full player in training.
That doesn't surprise me. Very talented squad but not the most flamboyant dribblers, even with Gray there - Nelson would stand out there. His close-control is perhaps an underrated quality by some.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
obviously. But let's play a glorified left back on the right wing. That makes sense.
I knew Sessegnon would start on one of the wings. It's Aidy Boothroyd, entirely predictable. I'm just glad he did the right thing and started Foden. That would have been a really bad decision if he was benched.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I knew Sessegnon would start on one of the wings. It's Aidy Boothroyd, entirely predictable. I'm just glad he did the right thing and started Foden. That would have been a really bad decision if he was benched.

Sessegnon can play from the left. Totally not convinced he can play from the right. Also even less convinced that he is even a winger. He should be developing as a left back. He scores in the Championship and fancies himself as a winger.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sessegnon can play from the left. Totally not convinced he can play from the right. Also even less convinced that he is even a winger. He should be developing as a left back. He scores in the Championship and fancies himself as a winger.
Sessegnon would be a great LB. That's where he got most of his goals anyway :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Jeff's been a regular this season for Angers. One of the better dribblers in the top 5 leagues. No way he wasn't gonna start for this U21 team, been a regular in it for a couple years now. Jeff's starting to prove himself now.

Reiss still has a bit to do to be a starter ahead of someone like Demarai Gray, who's a regular starter for a projected upper mid-table team. Could argue he could get ahead of Sessegnon but Sessegnon also has more first team experience too. Reiss needs more games as currency to start ahead of these guys, regardless of whether he can make a better impact - managers like Boothroyd won't care about that, as evidenced by the fact that Dominic Solanke is starting despite not scoring for a year; ahead of Tammy Abraham who scored 26 in the Championship, and Calvert-Lewin.

Guendouzi is more of a surprise as I think he's a bit better than Tousart but Guendouzi slowed down a lot towards the end of last season.

A side note, but I'm glad to see Jay DaSilva starting and even though he plays for Chelsea, I still want us to sign him if possible. Future start at left back

Yeah, I wasn't complaining about them not being picked, just disappointed not to enjoy seeing them on the field.

I know they haven't that huge standing outside of AM and Arsenal itself.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Should get on the plane home tonight.

Sick of seeing Arsenal youngsters treated like **** by pathetic managers. Maitland-Niles not even getting included in the squad and then that **** of a coach picking trash in front of him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Should get on the plane home tonight.

Sick of seeing Arsenal youngsters treated like **** by pathetic managers. Maitland-Niles not even getting included in the squad and then that **** of a coach picking trash in front of him.
Not sure how Choudhury gets into this team. Poor's man Elneny.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Heard today from a Stuttgart source among the Schubert thing that apparently Arsenal likes to include certain clauses re game time and such in loans, and that Nagelsmann wanted to be tougher with Nelson amid disciplinary issues but that a lot of Hoffenheim people were not happy with that re penalties re the loan contract. Doesnt reflect good on him imo if your contract protects you from harsher treatment and fits in with what I have seen from him. Great individual talent but despite the goals a lack of application to partake in a game and tactically collectivelly underdeveloped.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Heard today from a Stuttgart source among the Schubert thing that apparently Arsenal likes to include certain clauses re game time and such in loans, and that Nagelsmann wanted to be tougher with Nelson amid disciplinary issues but that a lot of Hoffenheim people were not happy with that re penalties re the loan contract. Doesnt reflect good on him imo if your contract protects you from harsher treatment and fits in with what I have seen from him. Great individual talent but despite the goals a lack of application to partake in a game and tactically collectivelly underdeveloped.
If we do it on all loans it’s not a Nelson thing is it? We had clauses with Ospina and Asano.

We weren’t going to loan our best youth player without assurances he’d get game time, pretty obvious.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
The under 21's are using Reiss as a poster child, they tag most of there videos that they post on YouTube with him, he will get his chance. At this point there must be some questions about his attitude though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom