• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jeff's been a regular this season for Angers. One of the better dribblers in the top 5 leagues. No way he wasn't gonna start for this U21 team, been a regular in it for a couple years now. Jeff's starting to prove himself now.

Reiss still has a bit to do to be a starter ahead of someone like Demarai Gray, who's a regular starter for a projected upper mid-table team. Could argue he could get ahead of Sessegnon but Sessegnon also has more first team experience too. Reiss needs more games as currency to start ahead of these guys, regardless of whether he can make a better impact - managers like Boothroyd won't care about that, as evidenced by the fact that Dominic Solanke is starting despite not scoring for a year; ahead of Tammy Abraham who scored 26 in the Championship, and Calvert-Lewin.

Guendouzi is more of a surprise as I think he's a bit better than Tousart but Guendouzi slowed down a lot towards the end of last season.

A side note, but I'm glad to see Jay DaSilva starting and even though he plays for Chelsea, I still want us to sign him if possible. Future start at left back

Was there a problem with Jeff's attitude ? Was really surprised when we got let him go . Guy really was one I liked watching .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Was there a problem with Jeff's attitude ? Was really surprised when we got let him go . Guy really was one I liked watching .
I remember he played in the FA Cup against a non-league team, and looked completely half-arsed.
Maybe a move to a mid-table Ligue 1 club was a wake-up call for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I remember he played in the FA Cup against a non-league team, and looked completely half-arsed.
Maybe a move to a mid-table Ligue 1 club was a wake-up call for him.
He was losing the ball all over the place yesterday so I don't think there is any improvement in his game. Mid table french club could be his level, which is still not bad

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If we do it on all loans it’s not a Nelson thing is it? We had clauses with Ospina and Asano.

We weren’t going to loan our best youth player without assurances he’d get game time, pretty obvious.

That's not the thing though. Nagelsmann wanted sanction him even more than he did due to disciplinary issues but was held back by the club hierarchy because they didn't want to pay fines to Arsenal. Doesnt shine the best light on Nelson if the manager wanted to sanction him more severely but wasn't allowed to due to money.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That's not the thing though. Nagelsmann wanted sanction him even more than he did due to disciplinary issues but was held back by the club hierarchy because they didn't want to pay fines to Arsenal. Doesnt shine the best light on Nelson if the manager wanted to sanction him more severely but wasn't allowed to due to money.
He was 20 minutes late once and got dropped from the squad. That’s harsh enough, pretty pathetic if Naglesmann wanted to be more severe. Then again, after watching Naglesmann at Hoffenheim all season he seems a bit of a ****.

BobP

Memri Fan

What else did he do besides show up to training late?

Or did Nagelsmann want to give him a greater fine for that infraction?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't buy this. Besides, it says quite little about Nelson given that was the only known infraction, and more about Nagelsmann being a bit of a taskmaster - which isn't bad in and of itself, but this narrative that Nelson has an attitude problem is one I do not buy at all. There has never been any indication in the entire time he's been at the club that he has disciplinary issues and I honestly don't think this is a problem - I think it's more simply that he has not been trusted because he is not experienced. Which I think is more harsh than his being dropped for lateness.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Most skilful player and most technically gifted player along with Foden.

Boothroyd: Let’s start Gray and Sessegnon over him! :mad:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Gray and Sessegnon are already PL proven and were starters often enough. So i can understand this.

Nelson is still a talent, he hasn't completed the step into men football yet (what is completely normal).

Gray and Sessegnon are already PL proven and were starters often enough. So i can understand this.

Nelson is still a talent, he hasn't completed the step into men football yet (what is completely normal).

Not sure if Sessegnon are PL proven yet. While it was still a valuable experience for him last season he is yet to prove he can make it at that level.

This was just the first game. I think Nelson natural talent and the fact he has been training at bigger club than most of these players for his whole life will count and he will get start soon enough in this tournament!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nelson might be the more skilled footballer but it doesn’t mean he’s the better player. Gray and Sessegnon are much better players atm.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nelson might be the more skilled footballer but it doesn’t mean he’s the better player. Gray and Sessegnon are much better players atm.
Nelson puts England 2 up with the chances those two had. Sessegnon is a terrible winger, he doesn’t have the end product. Same goes for Gray, his PL stats are poverty, hasn’t kicked on at all.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

It was an understandable choice to be fair - both Gray and Sessegnon regular PL starters last year - but not one that worked out. Nelson played the least football out of the wingers there (he also scored more goals than them funnily enough) so it's just another case of manager going for experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom