• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Terrible environment for him to come into this season -our stars haven't been performing consistently, we are in a battle for top 6 and fan expectation is high. Think he needs to be managed properly with cameos and the odd start at home. Clearly talented though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Terrible environment for him to come into this season -our stars haven't been performing consistently, we are in a battle for top 6 and fan expectation is high. Think he needs to be managed properly with cameos and the odd start at home. Clearly talented though.
Think it’s the opposite pal, the fans are already looking forward to watching him play and he’ll be a breath of fresh air after Iwobi and Mkhi last season.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think it’s the opposite pal, the fans are already looking forward to watching him play and he’ll be a fresh of breath air after Iwobi and Mkhi last season.

Really hope so; I just think of some of the abuse that Iwobi gets. I hope the fans would be forgiving with Nelson.

Personally, I'd love to see him in our squad next year.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
So far one of the few reasons to be excited about the upcoming season, him and our new kit.

Immense talent- penned a new deal before being loaned out, I can only assume Emery gave him first time assurances. It’s always nice watch a lad from the academy with genuine ability get a go.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Really hope so; I just think of some of the abuse that Iwobi gets. I hope the fans would be forgiving with Nelson.

Personally, I'd love to see him in our squad next year.

Don't worry too much about that. The biggest reason why people hate on Iwobi's performances in the wing is because he isn't a winger in the first place.

Nelson, on the other hand, is exactly the type of player that the fans want to see.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he's one of the only players that will actually get the fans' patience

Emery needs to sort himself out.

This is Arsenal, you play the kids

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really looking forward to seeing him in the shirt next season out wide or in the #10. His brand of exciting forward play is so desperately needed in this stale team, along with the cutting edge of his academy peers.

StefanB

Fraser on the left, Nelson on the right. Cabellos in the middle with Torreira andLacazette as the link-up striker with Aubameyang up front. Think that would be good.

Ofc Tierney at LB for that scottish connection on the left side.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is Arsenal, you play the kids

This isn't a thing, we only relied on youth because we were broke post emirates. I prefer us not player youth unless they're Cole, Wilshere or Fabregas level. Sick of these sub-par academy players we churn out year after year.

I have very low expectations for Reiss. As long as he can dribble and doesn't lose the ball every time he gets possession then I'll be happy with him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
This isn't a thing, we only relied on youth because we were broke post emirates. I prefer us not player youth unless they're Cole, Wilshere or Fabregas level. Sick of these sub-par academy players we churn out year after year.

I have very low expectations for Reiss. As long as he can dribble and doesn't lose the ball every time he gets possession then I'll be happy with him.

Most of the academy players ain't even getting opportunities to play lol.

I think Nelson is talented enough to make it.

The only thing I worry about him is his movement on the ball.

He moves a bit mechanical and not as fluid or agile as he was when he was younger.

Hope he can get stronger, improve his defensive awareness and link up play.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like Nelson has got the no.24. He has an Instagram story with a picture of some training gear and flip flops with 24 on them.
Nelson #24
Willock #28
Nketiah #30

Smith Rowe and Saka both had academy numbers so they are probably off on loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson #24
Willock #28
Nketiah #30

Smith Rowe and Saka both had academy numbers so they are probably off on loan.
Saka will stay IMO - they don't have to loan him just yet, would be surprised. Saka is probably one of few they'd wanna keep around. Only dubious point is whether he's already above U23 level or not, which you could argue based on last season.

ESR though will probably go back out I think. If they think he won't get much games here then he'll definitely go back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom