• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Review of The Year Poll - Best Moment

What was the year's best Arsenal moment?

• Beating United in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The performances of Thierry Henry

• Winning the FA Cup

• The destruction of Inter Milan

• Arsenal kids 5 - Wolves OAPs 1

• Redemption in the Champions League

• Other

• Total voters

lewdikris

Established Member
Arsenal-Mania are putting together a Review of the Year article. This poll is your chance to tell us what was the year's best Arsenal moment ... and why. The best quotes will end up in the article.

Thanks

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I voted for the 5-1 mauling of Inter in Milan. It was a wonderful team performance but special praise must go to Thierry Henry. It was in this match that he announced himself to the watching millions as the most special player in the World.

SydneyGunnerFan

this one was a special day for us arsenal fans when we thought we might not even make it to the final 16 in the champions and out of no where came this great display of football and skill and we won 5-1. That was the best moment for me in the whole year so far and i was at my mates house and he was an inter fan so it made even better

bobbypires

Established Member
I think winning a title is more important than a single match, so I voted for the F.A. Cup final, with Bobby's goal.

Spartan

the Inter game for me...showed what we could do under pressure.

And didnt we show em!!! ;D

Adam

Established Member
Arsenal 1 Dynamo 0

"Arsenal are useless at home in Europe", "We are as good as out". This is what some Gooners proclaimed after seeing the team take one point from the opening three games in the Champions League. Most would be inclined to agree untill the 88th minute.

Is there a goal that has ever had such an importance on Arsenal's future? The new stadium needed the banks confidence financially, the players needed the Champions league, and most of all the fans did too after many seasons of dissapointment.

Limited chances, frustration, Thierry being marked tightly. "Tthis pitch is too small - we aren't going to score!" Dynamo are sitting back in a way reminiscent of the past home dissapointments suffered against Ajax, Valencia and Roma. We all know the narrative.

Another ball is flung into the box - a desperately hopefull ball. It's just like any other ball we throw into the mixer in the last ten minutes. Or is it?

This time; something was parodoxically inccorect (out of divine inspiration perhaps) - Ashley Cole begins to make a run. This wasn't supposed to be - somebody is actually nearing the six yard box. It's flicked on by Thierry, and the rest as i say, is mystery.

That goal would have been better seen in Highbury. On tele it came as a suprise as he came into picture. Why was Ashley there? That's the mystery.

Big moments in football seem controlled by greater forces. Against all expectation, and against all the psychology of our poor home record and the pattern followed of these home games- we managed to do it.

Mystery.

lodi

although the Inter game was pure magic i have to say when ruud missed that penalty and the satisfaction that followed shortly after when our boys showed him what they think of him..made my day!!

thegame24

Established Member
INTER MILAN GETTING WHOPPED why?

cause i predicted it and i was only a goal off :D i said 4-1

oh yea and cause it meant we could win the Cl group which i also predicted :D

rachael-8

hmm the 5-1 demolition of inter was very very special

followed by jens lehmann saving horseboys penalty in the community shield. ;D

Andrew

1-0 against Southampton in the FA Cup final... Always love the FA Cup final and hope we can make it there again. The Inter win comes second, with the redemtion in the CL third.

jigga

Adam said:
Arsenal 1 Dynamo 0

"Arsenal are useless at home in Europe", "We are as good as out". This is what some Gooners raved after seeing the team take one point from the opening three games in the Champions League. Most would be inclined to agree untill the 88th minute.

Is there a goal that has ever had such an importance on Arsenal's future? The new stadium needed the banks confidence financially, the players needed the Champions league, and most of all the fans did too after many seasons of dissapointment.

Limited chances, frustration, Thierry being marked tightly. "Tthis pitch is too small - we aren't going to score!" Dynamo are sitting back in a way reminiscent of the past home dissapointments suffered against Ajax, Valencia and Roma. We all know the narrative.

Another ball is flung into the box - a desperately hopefull ball. It's just like any other ball we throw into the mixer in the last ten minutes. Or is it?

This time; something was parodoxically inccorect (out of divine inspiration perhaps) - Ashley Cole is making a run into the box. It's flicked on by Thierry, and the rest as i say, is mystery.

That goal would have been better seen in Highbury. On tele it came as a suprise. Why was Ashley there? That's the mystery.

Big moments in football seem controlled by greater forces. Against all expectation, and against all the psychology of our poor home record and the pattern followed of these home games- we managed to do it.

Mystery.

sniff sniff...... that was beautiful :cry:

jigga

for me it was the kids in the carling cup.

to see so many young players out there giving everything. that was fantastic. sure people will cry "but it was wolves, they wernt up for it, its only a carling cup, wenger disgraces the competition playingweak side"

Rubbish!!!!!

for me it was a captivating glimpse at the possible future of arsenal. every player was fantastic, regardless of the players nationality. every one in that team showed, grit, determination, drive, hunger, passion, i could go on till i run out of superlatives.

cesc showed good touches, aliadiere worked himself to the bone
clichy was dynamite, and is already getting the chance to play first team with cole's suspension.

there can be no true word written about the influx of jonny foreigners in our game, however for 10 winston bogardes you get a zola. this can be said for youths too. I was gutted when we sold anelka, but then came titi. If titi was to leave (which wont happen im sure) then we have a replacement in aliadiere. not in the same mold but no one is un replacable, we won a double without henry, we could do it again. and in hoyte, bently, stack, we will manage to keep the local gene pool form drowning in the incest of mediocre players.

Bring on middlesborough, I hope that wenger lets them to continue to play. Just imagine. how many teams could claim to win a cup with thier "second team"

I just voted for Inter Milan. I've been abroad, and seen far fewer games in 2003 than in any year since about 1984. I was in Milan, so it was very special for me.

BTW though, whilst Kiev at home was psychologically very important, did you all realise that if we had drawn that 0-0, and all other results had been the same, we still would have gone through top of the group? All teams would have had 8 points, and we would have had the best goal difference. So there!

Piston Broke

a close call between the kids Wolves win & staying in the CL but for me Staying in the C/league may mean the differance of being able to improve the squad which is important

Jinn

Established Member
Redemption in the Champions League.

"Arsenal can't win away in Europe". My arse - we showed them we can do that, and more!

IW8

1-5 at Inter. We weren't given a chance by anyone. I sat at home with flu and when Inter equalised even I thought, "here we go again; we just can't do it in Europe".

THANK YOU AFC for proving me and everyone else wrong. I may have had flu but the whole floor of my building heard me coughing and spluttering with every ball that hit the back of the net.

PS: A big thank-you to AC3 for making it all possible at Highbury, as I believe that was the real turning point of our European campaign.

Latest posts

Top Bottom