• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Review of The Year Poll - Best Moment

What was the year's best Arsenal moment?

• Beating United in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The performances of Thierry Henry

• Winning the FA Cup

• The destruction of Inter Milan

• Arsenal kids 5 - Wolves OAPs 1

• Redemption in the Champions League

• Other

• Total voters

jeremiesgirl

Well for me I'm going to choose the kids thrashing of the Wolves in the carling cup. It was a memorable performance for our "2nd" team" and Ali scored an amazing goal. A very close call with the 5-1 over Inter though!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
This photo says everything. This is one of the most monumentous moments in Arsenal history. Cole saves our Arse - nal.

cole.jpg

Arsenal 1 Kiev 0

Mark

Established Member
i really loved beating the mancs at old trafford and knocking them out of the fa cup.

johe

Adam said:
Arsenal 1 Dynamo 0

"Arsenal are useless at home in Europe", "We are as good as out". This is what some Gooners proclaimed after seeing the team take one point from the opening three games in the Champions League. Most would be inclined to agree untill the 88th minute.

Is there a goal that has ever had such an importance on Arsenal's future? The new stadium needed the banks confidence financially, the players needed the Champions league, and most of all the fans did too after many seasons of dissapointment.

Limited chances, frustration, Thierry being marked tightly. "Tthis pitch is too small - we aren't going to score!" Dynamo are sitting back in a way reminiscent of the past home dissapointments suffered against Ajax, Valencia and Roma. We all know the narrative.

Another ball is flung into the box - a desperately hopefull ball. It's just like any other ball we throw into the mixer in the last ten minutes. Or is it?

This time; something was parodoxically inccorect (out of divine inspiration perhaps) - Ashley Cole begins to make a run. This wasn't supposed to be - somebody is actually nearing the six yard box. It's flicked on by Thierry, and the rest as i say, is mystery.

That goal would have been better seen in Highbury. On tele it came as a suprise as he came into picture. Why was Ashley there? That's the mystery.

Big moments in football seem controlled by greater forces. Against all expectation, and against all the psychology of our poor home record and the pattern followed of these home games- we managed to do it.

Mystery.

Wow. You summed it up alot better than I would have. I was gonna go with just "Cole's goal against Dynamo" :eek:ops:

Mark

Established Member
it's true, cole's goal against kiev was very very important, it gaves us the belief to keep going and in the end we won the group, but that was what started it off.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Our Champions League comeback is my Best moment of this year because we managed to prove everyone wrong and show the whole world that Arsenal were not one of those teams that were in the Champions League to make up the numbers.

The comeback began againest Kiev, King Cole goal really made my day and the belief that we could actually go through to the last 16 was re-fired in my mind. Our performance at the San Siro was our best performance in Europe and shocked the Football world, we didn't just beat any old team in the Champions League, we beat Inter Milan. Finally our game againest Lokomotiv, i was nervous before but our boys surelly made me more at ease.

We are now in the final 16 and im so proud of our achievement, i believe it means alot more to us to be in the Final 16 than to Man Utd because of the way out Europe season started.

orion

Over all I would have to say Thierry Henry's exhilarating performances, there is no greater sight than him taking on the defenders and he is with out a shadow of a doubt the greatest player ever to wear the red and white shirt. The grace and majesty that he holds can only be refered to as art. I think the performance in Milan would get my vote had I been able to watch it, as it is, it was still special updating a page on my PC every few minutes and see us go from 1-1 to an unbelivable 1-5 away win when we had come so close the elimination in Europe.

Lukazan

Established Member
The destruction of Inter Milan, WITHOUT A DOUBT. When that first goal went in I was jumping around my living room for ages. When Inter's goal went in I was so pissed, but as soon as we scored our second goal it was all sweet.

I made so much noise that night lol, I am suprised the neighbours didn't come round.

A close second has to be Thierry Henry's performances. He has been like a magician on the ball, a true gem to watch.

Lukazan

Established Member
****e!!

Completely forgot about good old Ashley Cole's header!!!

I would have voted other and said that!!! :(

JazzG

Established Member
For me it is out of Redemption in the Champions League or The destruction of Inter Milan.

Against Inter everyone wrote us, hell even some of our fans. The lads knew they had to perform and boy did they perform. When I saw Cygan on the teamsheet and then I saw Martins was playing, I think I nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully Cole put on a world class performance to keep Martins quiet and Cygan did well against Vieri.

After our first 3 results again everyone wrote us off. I remember trying to convince people here we still had a chance, the ones who thought we still could qualify were in a minority. Credit to the lads, they knew they had to get through and gave it their all. Upto the 87th min against Kiev I was starting to think the dream was over, I was telling my dad I wasn't sure if we could score. He told me not to worry and 5 mins Ashley comes out of nowhere to score. I have never been so tense for the next 5 mins, we had to hold on and man I was sweating bullets. Was over the moon when we finally won.

Can't make up my mind :x

raymond

lewdikris said:
Arsenal-Mania are putting together a Review of the Year article. This poll is your chance to tell us what was the year's best Arsenal moment ... and why. The best quotes will end up in the article.

Thanks

Beating Chelsea in the FA Cup replay. Two fantastic games, all topped off by the whole team celebrating Lauren's goal on the sideline.

Top Bottom