• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes, RVP, Smith, Pennant, Bentley.

What would be your line up

• Reyes Henry RVP Pennant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RVP Henry Reyes Pennant

• Reyes Henry Bentley Pennant

• RVP Henry Reyes Pennant

• Reyes Henry RVP Bentley

• RVP Henry Reyes Bentley

• Smith Reyes Henry Bentley

• Total voters

hollow

How do you think these young players will fit into our front four in 5 years time (Assuming all of them stay) With Bergkamp and Pires getting on and Ljundberg's good form of late being a direct result of Pennat's emergence the next few years will be interesting. Although Reyes was bought to partner Henry I think his crossing adds an extra dimension to our play when he is used on the wings. RVP is the closest player we've got to Bergy and if we continue to play with one holding CM and one box to box CM (although Cesc might have something to say about that) we will need a link man as a supporting striker. Therefore my choice would be:

1) Reyes Henry RVP Pennant

There are other options and combos I haven't included and I haven't even touched on Lupoli, Quincey, Stokes, Ali or even Clichy and Flamini being used on the wings but these guys seem to be the most highly rated by Wenger. Your thoughts?

Mark

Established Member
Some great attacking potential there. I think we will sign a right-sided midfielder like Navas from Sevilla, so Pennant probably won't make it. Apart from that, from what we have, I would say the general first choice attack will be RvP and Henry upfront with Reyes on the left.

A

Anonymous

Too be honest if they all stay it will be hard. They wont be able to all fit in the starting 11 unless some change position.
Reyes and bentley are strikers who can play in the midfield.
RVP, **** knows what he is, striker left mid???
smith is generally a left mid, and believe me, ive seen him ALOT and i looking forward to the day he gets a first team chance. He is the best of our youngsters. For people who havent seen him, hes alot like christiano ronaldo, with all the tricks and speed, but hes alot better and doesnt fall over so easily, also he varies his tricks.
After a year or so of gagging for him to be shown to all our fans he played in the carling cup vs boro, first thing he did was literally go in and out 2 defenders with so much ease it wasnt funny. This was a 16 year old pulling off a great trick to take the piss out of 2 EPL experienced defenders.
Pennant i have also rated for years, give him games and he will shine.
I think pennant could replace freddie in a year or 2.
smith can replace pires on the left.
reyes and henry would be upfront.
bentley and RVP would have to be bench players and fight for a place. Maybe bentley could challenge pennant for RM. Overall our left side is amazingly strong. Remember that man clichy? where will he fit in? cole, clichy, reyes, pires, RVP, smith. Its an unbelievable left side. Sadly i think we will loose some of these talent as they will be too good to sit on the bench.
Also hoyte can be right back or centre back, preferably right.

lewdikris

Established Member
We're already developing towards playing 4-2-3-1 and I think that's the right formation for the players who are coming through. It allows Cesc and Vieira to control the game from deeper, and the wingers to have more freedom - alongside the ferocious tackling back which Reyes does and others will have to follow.

Like the Guv said it's going to be hard for them all to make it, but realistically we need five players for the five positions, so one of Pennant, Bentley and Smith won't come through. But who knows? They all could. The options look like this:

Henry/Reyes

Reyes/Smith/Bentley RVP/Bentley Pennant/Bentley

Again, who knows about Quincy and co? But the options are there for the type of players we have. Which, frankly, is ****ing brilliant.

hesham

Established Member
I agree with
Reyes Henry RVP Pennant
but TBH id rather have SWP on the right
But we do definitly need a Berkamp replacement our the way our team works with ppl bombing down the pitch from nearly everywere we need some 1 to link the play up and i think RVP can really do it, he can learn SOO much from DB10 and theres some thing about RVP i dont know what its is but he reminds me on VanBasten for some reason!!!
Also i think Reyes plays better on the left as are wingers are practiclly 2nd strikers anyway and he definitly has the energy

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think that our fron two should be RvP and Reyes in 5 years time as Henry will be around 32-33 then and he will be losing a lot of his pace which is the main ingredient of his game. We will keep him on but in a way like we did with Bergkamp. Keep him for as long as he is ready, and be a bench/starting role player who is brought in and out of the team depending on form like Bergkamp.

On the left I' like to see Ryan Smith as the kid is a speed demon and has lots of moves and variation to his game. He also has a few tricks as the guv mentioned, but the main thing is he wil create room for u on the right with a combination of tricks and speed. I'd also like to see how Quincy Owuso Abeyie matures and if he learns how to hone his skills to the occasion. Not to do too many stepovers and play the early ball when needed. But I want to see how he developes.

On the right I would like to see Pennant be first choice and hopefully we will have Jeses Navas to come in and provide stiff competition. They will both need to be in top condition.

They, along with the left midfield slot will hopefully be challenged to the maximum by Bently who will want to play in any of the positions entioned above.

All in all I see a bright future ahead for the Gunners and all this speculation can be argued about for hours on end, thus showing what an in depth youth squad we have.

The Mini

I'd like to see more of Bentley soon, but first this lot, then Bents should take over King Thierry I

patrick42uk

Established Member
the only thing i'd say is certain is that post bergkamp, the partnership upfront will be reyes and henry. rvp will be a backup striker. there is the possibilty for new signings on both flanks, depending on how well the english youngsters progress.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom