• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

REYES tonight

alibey

As I said yesterday, that I'll say something about Reyes's showing, so here I am. I've just arrived from the stadium. Reyes is started in first eleven, in the front of the spanish squad, together with Raul behind him. Just to say, it isnt same old Jose which I used to watch in Arsenal squad. Ofcourse he's make some good driblings, fine passes, a few good runs on the left side, but sharpness of our defence tonight didnt allow him to show his full talent on the pitch. He's still young, and I need to say that he need more to practice with a national team, to get in completely. On the pitch, it was looking, that he had a few misundersandings with the other players, especialy Raul, Morientes and Vicente. Ofcourse, this was a first or second apperance for the national team, so we cannot accept from him, to scoring goals, but afterall, for the start of his national career he's done a great job.
Vicente scored great opener goal, from range about 18 m from the right side of the penalty box. It was a superb goal. Bolic equalised a few minutes later. So match finished 1:1. Afterall, if I compare Cesc yesterday and Reyes tonight, I must to say that I saw a little bit more from Cesc, but I cannot say that Jose didnt play well. I cannot remember right now, but I think that Jose participate in that action from which Spain scored first goal. I must to say that their major stars Raul and Morientes didnt show anything interesting on the pitch, but Vicente did an excellent job for them. I would be very pleased to see him as a Gooner, but he's linked with Real Madrid as I know.

Cheers

True Gooner
Bosnia-UK

mood

According to a friend, Reyes had a poor game. So you haven't seen the best of him.

alibey

Unfortunately, but he wasn't bad at all, like Morientes, Raul, Baraja and the other guys.

alibey

Just look at this:

Bosnia hold ragged Spain

Spain were fortunate to earn a point from their opening World Cup qualifier when they scraped a barely deserved 1-1 draw away to Bosnia in a Group Seven match on Wednesday. Midfielder Vicente put the visitors ahead against the run of play after 66 minutes.But Bosnia striker Elvir Bolic got a deserved equaliser eight minutes later as he cashed in on a defensive error before scoring with a cool finish.

Bosnia had by far the better of the game and had it not been for sharp goalkeeping from Iker Casillas and some desperate last-ditch defending the home side would have got their campaign off to a winning start.

Galatasaray midfielder Elvir Baljic had two great chances to put Bosnia in front in the first half but he fired a close-range volley over the bar in the first minute and was then denied by a fine block from Casillas just before the break.

PolishGooner

Where do you see Raul?

Iker Casillas
Ivan Helguera
Gonzales Pena
Carles Puyol
Enrique Romero
Michel Salgado
David Albelda
Ruben Baraja
Rodriguez Vicente
Sanchez Victor
Jose Antonio Reyes

F Morientes for S Victor (50)
X Alonso for D Albelda (71)

alibey

I'm looking at that lineup and I think that Pena didnt play. Raul definately start the match, I saw him :=9

PolishGooner

alibey said:
I'm looking at that lineup and I think that Pena didnt play. Raul definately start the match, I saw him :=9

dont drink so often :wink:

according to official spanish web site

ESPAÑA: 2
Asier Riesgo; Sergio Ramos, Jarque, Murillo, Peña; Gabi (Cesc, min.56), Vitolo; Xabi Prieto (Santi Cazorla, min.79), Iniesta, Angulo (Navas, min.56); y Sergio García.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is that Navas that Jesus kid we were linked to?

EDIT: That's the U21's. Now I see it. Why is Pena playing in both teams or are they different Penas.

alibey

Mate, we had a little missunderstanding.

His full name is:

RAUL GONZALES BLANCO PENA

He's no7 isnt he?

alibey

Guess Im right, Raul hit the crossbar in the game.

uefa.com:

Close chance
Within a minute of the restart, Spain had their first shot on target, Peña turning a defender on the corner of the penalty area and steering a shot past goalkeeper Kenan Hasagic only to see his effort clip the crossbar.

alibey

So are you sure that Raul didnt play?

1195356605.jpg

Spain's Raul Gonzales, right, leads the action against Bosnia's Vedin Music, left, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2004, during their 2006 World Cup qualifiying group seven soccer match at the Bilino Bolje stadium in the central Bosnian town in of Zenica, 50 kms north of Sarajevo.

I've been there man, I saw him. :)

Top Bottom