• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

REYES tonight

mood

Raul didn't play for surely. Pena = De La Pena, he's a La Liga player, good one too.

You must've been mistaken between Victory and Raul. He didn't play.

patrick42uk

Established Member
mood said:
Raul didn't play for surely. Pena = De La Pena, he's a La Liga player, good one too.

de la pena hasnt been in the spanish squad in a while because his career went off the rails. raul started upfront with reyes.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reyes's biggest fault while at Seville was inconsistency - one week he'd be ripping defences apart, the next week, he's nowhere to be seen.

He's going to have to work on that, obviously we cant expect him to play like he's been playing week in week out until May - but there's room for improvement in that area and i hope he takes notice.

That said, the spanish team as a whole was quite poor last night.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Reyes's biggest fault while at Seville was inconsistency - one week he'd be ripping defences apart, the next week, he's nowhere to be seen.

very true. although that is a tag that can be labelled on any of the top youngsters out there. no matter how talented you are at a young age, i think you pay for inexperience through inconsistency. the key is that the talent is there, and the consistency wil come with more seasons under your belt. he's still 21.

lorenzo

mood said:

taken from Marca website from TODAY!:
Ficha técnica

.1. Bosnia Herzegovina: Hasagic; Salihamidzic, Misimovic, Bajic, Music, Spahic; Barbarez, Beslija, Grujic (Kerkez, min.68), Balic (Blatnjak, min. 62); y Bolic (Halilovic, min. 83).
.1. España: Iker Casillas; Michel Salgado, Helguera, Puyol, Romero; Víctor (Morientes, min.50), Albelda (Xabi Alonso, min.70), Baraja (Valerón, min.58), Vicente; Reyes y Raúl.

and this from AS:
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date= ... hor=dasftb

Raul played and not only that played the whole game

Ridge

hope Reyes doesnt lose his form after this international break. i hate international breaks. :wink:

jasonlohkh

that shows us wat a good coach Wenger is. TH14 & Reyes do not perform with France and Spain but a very very very good striker for us.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

He's going to have to work on that, obviously we cant expect him to play like he's been playing week in week out until May - but there's room for improvement in that area and i hope he takes notice.

Agreed JR2004, the problem is that when you've played certain tactics with certain players in this case Jose with Arsenal, its pretty hard to adjust to different tactics and have that understanding with newer teamates in ths space of a week. Reyes had the same problem when he first joined Arsenal, he looked lost out there but as soon as he settled and adjusted to team tactics we've seen the best of him. You can say the same with France, Henry looks absolutely lost with France at times but put him in an Arsenal shirt and he's a totally different player.

weelip

jasonlohkh said:
that shows us wat a good coach Wenger is. TH14 & Reyes do not perform with France and Spain but a very very very good striker for us.

I was just thinking along the same line. I thought how do players like Pires, Vieira, Henry, Reyes are made to look distinctively average players when they are really huge for us?

in fact Gilberto and Edu were perhaps average or slightly better than average when they play for Brazil.

They only players that really impressed in international colours are Sol and Cole and sometimes Freddie.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

More could even be said about Joaquin who the Spanish use to rave about. Consistency will come with age, and experience. Make no mistake, you have not seen the best of Jose Spain.

alibey

I have seen Joaquin on the bench, and seems that he isn't very happy while is Reyes on the pitch. Raul have played whole match, i've seen him with my own eyes, I was a little drunk, but I think he played. He weared no 7. Above is the pic of him in the action.

alibey

bosnia8.jpg

bosnia15.jpg

Jose on the pitch.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tsk tsk tsk. How can a player be jealous of another. They should be happy for the other and work extra hard to displace him from the team. Childish behaviour. No wonder Spain don't win anything. They are not a TEAM. Remember the old saying "There is no I in Team."

Latest posts+

Top Bottom