• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricardo

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Talking about nutters in goal, yesterday Rogerio - Sao Paolo's goalkeeper -scored twice with a freekick (he missed a penalty as well).

BTW Sao Paolo beat Tigres (Mex) 4-0 in their Copa Libertadores QF homeleg.

Gurgen

Established Member
He is a great actor though.

This season at Feyenoord some fireworks exploded about 10 meters from his head. Ricardo however hit the floor like a seasoned Portugese and lay still for about 15 minutes. He makes Rivaldo look like an amateur.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Gurgen said:
He is a great actor though.

This season at Feyenoord some fireworks exploded about 10 meters from his head. Ricardo however hit the floor like a seasoned Portugese and lay still for about 15 minutes. He makes Rivaldo look like an amateur.
:) i had a ringside view when it happened. Fireworks being thrown on the pitch was a disgrace. Ricardo's playacting was pathetic.

Sometimes you feel that in certain countries they end each training by practising diving for half an hour. I hope before next WC the refs will be told to act more severely against it. I don't like cheats.

A

Anonymous

MightyArsenal said:
The only thing going for his is that he lookslike Buffon.
Um.. no he doesn't.

Wenger shouldn't be allowed to sign keepers.
It's utter madness that he almost bought Cech.
Just leave the goalkeeper criteria to someone else. And for the love of Christ cancel this signing.

AFCG7

Established Member
Absolutely agree with that... Wenger has no clue whatsoever about Keepers.
He has destroyed Stu Taylor at Arsenal and now wants to buy this piece of crap.

Soler

Established Member
"If you sign Ricardo I'll throw a party.

Really, I'm getting tired of him. Sporting lost the Portuguese League for Benfica and the goal was his fault. He made some unforgivable mistakes in the UEFA Cup final. The goal in Euro 2004 final was his fault.

Personally, I think the only useful thing he's done this year was that penalty against England.

But I have to admit, when he's inside the net, he's one of the best goalkeepers, but when it comes to crossing....

I don't think anyone ever taught him how to actually punch a ball. Specially if the other players are 20cm taller than you.

But what the hell am I saying? Ricardo kicks ass. He is the best goalkeeper in the world?

No, actually he isn't, I just want Sporting to get rid of him"

Sporting supporters want him gone. :roll:

JazzG

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Why doesn't Wenger consult Seaman? Think he would never recommend Ricardo.

I sometimes wonder if our scouts and management have a clue about goalkeepers...

AFCG7 said:
Absolutely agree with that... Wenger has no clue whatsoever about Keepers.
He has destroyed Stu Taylor at Arsenal and now wants to buy this piece of crap.

Saying he destroyed Taylor is going a bit over the top.....

Stefano said:
Wenger shouldn't be allowed to sign keepers.
It's utter madness that he almost bought Cech.
Just leave the goalkeeper criteria to someone else. And for the love of Christ cancel this signing.

To be fair though we didn't buy Cech because we couldn't get a work permit for him, if we could of he would of been playing for us simple as that.

JGooner

Trying to buy keepers on the cheap isn't a good idea unless you are a real worldwide expert on the position, which Wenger clearly isn't. I would have liked us to blow a big chunk of our transfer budget on a world class keeper (admittedly there are very few of these).

AFCG7

Established Member
Sorry .. destroyed is past tense which isnt quite right... i should have said he's DESTROYING Stu Taylor's Arsenal ambitions by consistently going after absolute crap keepers while Stu sits and watches on the sidelines hoping for a break.

Clarkey

Notice Ricardo and his agents start hyping up his links to Arsenal the moment Wengers on a ten day holiday, says alot and sums this all up.

A

Anonymous

Saying he destroyed Taylor is going a bit over the top.....
no i think it is an accurate description, what is wrong with taylor, other than the fact that he's young and english? He wasn't fantastic when he played in goal, but he was still only learning and has shown his fantastic ability at shot stopping.

Why Arsène presists with the **** he buys in the shape of lehmann, and to a greater extent, Almunia i dont really know whats up with him!!!

and now i hear we're getting this lame keeper who's agility when jumping for crosses and one-on-ones is more akin of a blind and heavily pregnant, semi-paralysed water buffalo!!!!

awesomarsenal

lehmann aint that ****, well, you cant be a **** keeper if you are in goal for the unbeaten champions. yes, he may not be as good as cech, buffon, but the main demise of keepers in the EPL is the new ball, which bounces all over the place, according to our goalkeeping coach, and is impossible to predict where it will go.

plus lehmann won us the FA cup. and wenger sees taylor in training EVERYDAY. we hardly see him play, there must be a reason why he is not selected. trust wenger.

Top Bottom