• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Riccardo Calafiori

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In the minority here but LB is a priority. We have good depth there but no clear starter.

Only hesitation here is that most of these wide CB types get turned easily when it comes to pace.
Apparently this is the case with Calafiori according to a couple analysis videos I watched. That’s the biggest concern about him coming and playing LB in the PL apparently.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Maybe this has been discussed, but am I the only one worried about him being Italian? They tend to not do great in the PL. We can give jorginho a pass because he is also Brazilian.
He did play abroad before, so I'm less worried about him getting homesick.

I think it’s understandable that Italians tend to not favor playing in the UK. Going from one of the world's richest cuisines and (generally) nice weather to the UK must be difficult.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In the minority here but LB is a priority. We have good depth there but no clear starter.

Only hesitation here is that most of these wide CB types get turned easily when it comes to pace.
I get why we’re targeting a guy like this given the success of Benny Blanco, Gvardiol and Aké, but agree on going that path requires speed and acceleration, like Aké has.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Apparently this is the case with Calafiori according to a couple analysis videos I watched. That’s the biggest concern about him coming and playing LB in the PL apparently.
The are very few RW in the PL who are going to trouble him though. For the quicker, trickier sorts, you just play Timber there.

Goonger

I get why we’re targeting a guy like this given the success of Benny Blanco, Gvardiol and Aké, but agree on going that path requires speed and acceleration, like Aké has.

He looks to have a decent burst when he's carrying the ball, can't say I've seen enough of him to judge him up against pace without it. Does he seem any slower than White?

Agreed about Ake, Saka hasn't had much joy up against him at all when we've played City.

Goonger

He did play abroad before, so I'm less worried about him getting homesick.

I think it’s understandable that Italians tend to not favor playing in the UK. Going from one of the world's richest cuisines and (generally) nice weather to the UK must be difficult.

London isn't too bad in comparison to where I am in Central Scotland. 10th of July and I had to put the central heating on for a couple of hours this morning! It's crazy that a relatively small island like the UK can have such a deviation.

Bloodbather

Established Member

London isn't too bad in comparison to where I am in Central Scotland. 10th of July and I had to put the central heating on for a couple of hours this morning! It's crazy that a relatively small island like the UK can have such a deviation.
It's because the UK is in a peculiar position where it's close enough to the North Pole to feel the impact of polar air mass while also being located on the path of the Gulf Stream.

Goonger

It's because the UK is in a peculiar position where it's close enough to the North Pole to feel the impact of polar air mass while also being located on the path of the Gulf Stream.

Good explanation sir. I knew it was something to do with the fact we seem to be positioned where warmer south winds seems to be fighting with colder north winds.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we want him then we have to pay unnecessary to delay and will open for other teams to try hijack .

Pretty sure bologna want big chunk of fee paid in the 1st installment because they ending with only 25M not 50M

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Nuno Tavares has signed his contract as a Lazio player until 2029 [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom