• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rivaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkreffer

Established Member
According to sources, Rivaldo will make a january move to Highbury in order to regain his confidence and get a run in a team again. Weger can turn players careers back around and if he did that with a player of Rivaldos calibre we could quite literally have one of the best players in the world on our hands. :shock: [/b]

Sammer

Established Member
me neither, I rather would not like to see him at Highbury...well, for free maybe. :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: Rivaldo free

Jkreffer said:
According to sources, Rivaldo will make a january move to Highbury in order to regain his confidence and get a run in a team again. Weger can turn players careers back around and if he did that with a player of Rivaldos calibre we could quite literally have one of the best players in the world on our hands. :shock: [/b]

According to which sources exactly?

Pikeypete

Blimey guys, if he is free and he takes a salary drop, why not have him on our books? We can play him for a while, see how he performs and if not good enough we can sell him for a profit. Makes good sense to me if he is free.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Pikeypete said:
Blimey guys, if he is free and he takes a salary drop, why not have him on our books? We can play him for a while, see how he performs and if not good enough we can sell him for a profit. Makes good sense to me if he is free.

Totally, the guy was player of the year a couple back. make sure his wages are less than Titi or Virira and get him.

BTW Jkreffer. Post your source please if you post a rumour.

beaney

yeah on a free without extorsionate wages he would be a good bet i reckon.

still got class and style, think would fit in with our style of play.

give him a go and if he doesnt impress, what the hell, we didnt pay anything for him!

SWEET!

lewdikris

Established Member
If Wenger thinks Aliadiere really is gonna be good enough to step up next season, there's a small outside chance Wenger will go for Rivaldo. We need another striker who can take the responsibility of scoring plenty of goals - something we don't have yet, but could have in Ali. Rivaldo could fill the gap til he's ready for that.

I don't think it'll happen, but that would be the logic if it did.

arsenal4life

a silly question :roll:

when does January transfer window exactly open and when does it close

any answers please

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and if im not mistaken, he would still be eligible to play in the CL since he has only played in 1 or 2 Serie A matches so far this year?

XxGoonaStuxX

arsenal4life said:
a silly question :roll:

when does January transfer window exactly open and when does it close

any answers please

It opens on January the 1st. Dunno when it closes End of January (maybe)

Lord Dula

Established Member
There's more chance of the mods pulling a bird than us buying Rivaldo.

Plus if we were we would have done it by now.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he plays for 27 minutes in one match, and he cant play for anyone else the entire rest of the campaign.. pathetic.. i think AC did that on purpose....

and Duda, thats not necessarily true about doing it already if we were going to.. under transfer regulations, i believe that you can only pick up players during the January window, even if they are without a club...

of course, i may be wrong about that, and if i am, someone please point me to the correct rules regarding the transfer window....

Arjan

For about 2 mil GBP in transfer money we could still have Rivaldo AND Kluivert, they want huge wages, but we can offload Wiltord to PSG.
2 big names to play alongside Henry in the EPL, I'd take them anyday.

titi

Rivaldo has skill and talent but lack pace for the way we play, hence i think this could be a bad signing.

invisibleman18

Established Member
he is a cheat and a dirty player. remember the world cup? he was the biggest cheat in the tournament. i have gone off him since then and would not like him to be here. sure he was a great player in his time but we would be better off spending a bit on someone who is going to be around for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom