• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Riyad Mahrez

2575.jpg

Born/age: Feb 21, 1991 (25)
Place of birth:
50.png
Sarcelles
Nationality:
4.png
Algeria
Current Club: Leicester City
Height: 1,79 m
Position: Right Wing

We all know who he is and what he is about. 16 goals and 10 assists this season, not too shabby of a player at all. Questions are whether or not he can maintain his form, and if he would fit in our system well.

Sources
http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/18/arsen...fer-for-riyad-mahrez-in-coming-weeks-5824138/

Last edited:

BBF

Got excited at the name, and then I saw the sources. **** sake :lol:

TopGunner81

How much will he cost if he moves this summer? I've been thinking about it a lot and I can't really come up with an answer.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Signing him means: 1. No striker 2. Alexis back on the left
(plus the high chance that this season was a massive purple patch)

No thanks.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

To be honest we're not signing a striker regardless. Unless Benzema/Lewandowski are available (which they won't) Wenger just won't spend big money on strikers who fall into the tier below them. Knowing that I'd rather just get in Mahrez knowing he has decent end product and is an extremely dangerous player who suites our system to a tee.

To be honest we're not signing a striker regardless. Unless Benzema/Lewandowski are available (which they won't) Wenger just won't spend big money on strikers who fall into the tier below them. Knowing that I'd rather just get in Mahrez knowing he has decent end product and is an extremely dangerous player who suites our system to a tee.

"I signed Mahrez because he can fill in as a striker but most importantly he can play on either side with Giroud as front man" - Wenger 2016

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Signing him would like mean a 40-50M bidding war. There's no doubt we're interested but that's were it ends.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Leicester are going to make bank this summer, especially if they won't win the league because this was their one shot.

Maxim

Really not sure about how he'd fare at Arsenal.

He's looked great for Leicester this season but when they attack there is usually acres of space because they are almost exclusively a counter attacking team.

Against deep block defenses they have struggled and so has he, this is almost always what Arsenal face, especially at home.

He's also quite an individualistic player, bit of a solo artist at times much like Alexis and the balance of the team could suffer with the two of them present.

Also, worth noting that 4 of his goals this season have come from the penalty spot.

I like him a lot though, gave Nacho an absolute roasting when we played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom