• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Didn't he sign a new contract last summer for £100k+ a week? I don't think Monaco will pay that. That's not really their model anymore.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Almost makes me chuckle how the broad basis of people always tends to value things only by black&white rather than in a fluent passage manner.

Mahrez was the ****ing MVP of last season and the holy grail in the market - just think about Hazards disastrous season there and then look at his monster season now.

If the team does not click, players don't click most of the time either.
Another reason on why individual prices should not or almost not be related to titles because a single player can still be major or better whilest missing out on silverware because the rest in his team is proper ****.

Mahrez would fit in here perfectly and bring back some flair and exitement - something we desperately were praying out for for ages.

His price should also be peanuts for such quality under the circumstances and his public statement.

An Özil-Sanchez-Mahrez triumvirate ?
GET THE **** IN !!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't want Sanchez up front so I don't want mahrez. Not really a black white thing

Before the formation switch I thought him and Özil in same team wouldn't work

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Super talented. The ability he has to make any defender look foolish is something that he'll never lose.

We don't have anyone in the team who can take one or two defenders out of the game like Mahrez but he would be a bit of a risk.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a fan of putting Alexis back into the forward role. Shifting him would reduce the effectiveness that we've had with the '343'. His current position is almost perfect for him.

I'd happily take him to provide competition and over for Özil and Alexis but obviously signing a new centre forward has to take priority.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unless we going back 4-3-3 then we'll have space for Mahrez in our right wing but with the new formation we playing and if Sanchez Özil stay he have no space in our starting 11.

WhatAFC

Almost makes me chuckle how the broad basis of people always tends to value things only by black&white rather than in a fluent passage manner.

Mahrez was the ****ing MVP of last season and the holy grail in the market - just think about Hazards disastrous season there and then look at his monster season now.

If the team does not click, players don't click most of the time either.
Another reason on why individual prices should not or almost not be related to titles because a single player can still be major or better whilest missing out on silverware because the rest in his team is proper ****.

Mahrez would fit in here perfectly and bring back some flair and exitement - something we desperately were praying out for for ages.

His price should also be peanuts for such quality under the circumstances and his public statement.

An Özil-Sanchez-Mahrez triumvirate ?
GET THE **** IN !!
Hazard wasn't a monster this season and is hugely overrated.

I wouldn't be fussed by mahrez, he's had one good season his entire career.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Super talented. The ability he has to make any defender look foolish is something that he'll never lose.

We don't have anyone in the team who can take one or two defenders out of the game like Mahrez but he would be a bit of a risk.

Would you rather take the risk of getting another average striker or taking the risk with Mahrez?

I honestly think if we get Mahrez and get him playing to the level of his best, he'd make us title challengers added with keeping Özil & Sanchez. Just look at how he left Clichy on the floor a few weeks ago and won Leicester the penalty.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I honestly think if we get Mahrez and get him playing to the level of his best, he'd make us title challengers added with keeping Özil & Sanchez.
It's the if that scares me.

Do we judge him off of last season or this season? It's 50/50.
On one hand we have a world class performer, on the other hand we have a fairweather player.

Leicester as a team collapsed this season and Mahrez did start to show signs of his old form as Leicester improved so maybe it's a risk worth taking.

He doesn't work hard though, even when he was winning PFA awards he was the first guy off when Leicester wanted to defend a lead, I don't have a problem with that but it's worth noting, especially for a side like ours.

Also we're now a team that can play two systems. When we play 3 at the back we need a forward who can interchange with Özil and Sanchez. When we play 4 at the back we need more of an orthodox striker. Sanchez can play there although he has shown and said that he prefers to play in slightly more creative forward positons.

That suggests that if we buy a forward we need a CF, one who can interchange with Özil and Sanchez if need be in our 343 or play as a number 9 in our 4231. Mahrez isn't an ideal signing assuming we keep both our stars.

At the same time my heart won't allow me turn down a super talented winger while we still have Walcott at the club.

Last edited:

thierrytheking14

Let's be realistic here, there's not a world class CF available currently. So our best option is to play Alexis up front and get one of the best in the PL behind him.

Quality forward's are rarely 'available'. You negotiate with a club until hopefully the deal's done. We have to throw money at a striker and we'll probably end up paying through the nose but it's critical we do it.

I think Sanchez & Özil playing behind a central striker is working well and in my opinion well lose a lot more by sticking him up front and putting Mahrez behind than well than we'll gain from it.

Quality striker who can lead the line and finish is of paramount importance for me.

Ewarwoowar

Being Reported expected value just under 35mil, Leicester say they won't sell unless a huge offer comes, more like I think 50-60 mil in these crazy times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom