• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At the end of the very day, as Thierry would say, it says something that Mahrez has publicly asked to leave and handed in a transfer request and the only club in talks is Roma.

Reactions: BBF

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At the end of the very day, as Thierry would say, it says something that Mahrez has publicly asked to leave and handed in a transfer request and the only club in talks is Roma.
Not really though. Most top teams have a decent player in that position. Agree he isn't the be all and end all but I would welcome the addition. Not my first choice though and I suspect that is what you mean... He isn't the first choice for any top team. Star at LCFC, squaddie anywhere else?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not really though. Most top teams have a decent player in that position. Agree he isn't the be all and end all but I would welcome the addition. Not my first choice though and I suspect that is what you mean... He isn't the first choice for any top team. Star at LCFC, squaddie anywhere else?
Liverpool went for Salah instead, we want Lemar, City signed Silva, United want Peresic.

Must be something about him that's putting clubs off, I like him btw.

Steps

Liverpool went for Salah instead, we want Lemar, City signed Silva, United want Peresic.

I have a feeling it may be his attitude, though I have nothing that definitely points this out, just a feeling. Could be that the League title and PFA honour went to his head?

WizardOfAus

we are better off getting mahrez instead of lemar in my opinion..

mahrez is prepared for a title challenging team immedietely..

if Lemar comes and doesnt perform i can already see the excuses of "he needs time to settle into the team and league" or "hes playing out of position"

that latter excuse will be because sanchez will be in his preferred position :) (sanchez please stay...)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I have a feeling it may be his attitude, though I have nothing that definitely points this out, just a feeling. Could be that the League title and PFA honour went to his head?
then he'd be perfect for us - we'll soon cut him down to size in the Europa

BobP

Memri Fan

I said this a few pages back:

1. He's not that intelligent.
2. There are serious question marks regarding his ability to integrate within team structures.
3. There are also serious question marks regarding his work rate and commitment.

If you watched Leicester in their title winning season, Mahrez was almost divorced from the broader structures of the team. In other words, he was isolated. But his brilliant ability meant that that was of little consequence as he was able to break through just about every teams defense.

My point is that in a Leicester team with very little flair or individual quality, it becomes necessary to accommodate a player like that but how much does a team like Arsenal need Mahrez?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

£29m :lol: cheapskates

From Sky:

Roma have made contact with Riyad Mahrez’s agent to discuss a possible move to the Serie A club, according to Sky in Italy.

Leicester want around £27m for the winger, but say they have so far received no bids.

Seems as though £29 million should have been more than enough! But what happened to that £50 million price tag?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Mahrez is a tough one, because he could easily absolutely flop. Similar to Taarabt and Ben Arfa in many ways. Very very skillful and talented but their mentaility is just poor.

I think Roma is a fantastic move for him, beautiful city, and I think he'd excel in the Italian league just like other skillful wingers like Salah and Gervinho have for Roma

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester sell for around £30m abroad. If he goes to a Prem side it will be closer to £40-50m

Its the way things are now, the price for the BPL sides is like 20-30% higher because of the amount they earn

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Roma were close at 30m and we came in at 35m are Leicester going to take the extra 5m that is the question.
I think they should, what difference does it really make to them. If they aren't deluded they would take it.

Depends how serious the club bidding is. I think Arsenal would bid half heartedly, they'll know we dont wanna offer much more

BBF

Mahrez is a tough one, because he could easily absolutely flop. Similar to Taarabt and Ben Arfa in many ways. Very very skillful and talented but their mentaility is just poor.

I think Roma is a fantastic move for him, beautiful city, and I think he'd excel in the Italian league just like other skillful wingers like Salah and Gervinho have for Roma

:lol::lol::lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has to his attitude and you just know that should he replicate his previous form Barcelona will come knocking.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

It's his complete and utter lack of heart. The guy took the first half of last season off ffs. Why would anyone want to spend 40-50 million quid for a player with that in his DNA? He should have been hungrier than anyone coming off of a PFA award and the most improbably league title in history. Instead he looked like he couldn't be bothered until Ranieri was fired. Absolutely shameful. No club wants to commit massive money to a player like that. It's why we haven't seen Özil linked to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom