• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Why do people keep saying it’s “weird” he hasn’t been picked by a top club yet?

The only thing weird here is the people who keep asking this.

This is not a top player we’re talking about.
I guess what they're saying is since we are no longer a top club, it's weird we or Burnley haven't picked him up.

pacstud

I don't quite understand, are you guys insinuating being gay is equivalent to gambling debts or drug habits in dissuading clubs from buying a player?
I would not say equivalent in regards to polemics. I would say relatively similar (unfortunately) in terms of a team analyzing the cost/reward of the player. A team would have to calculate any potential negative effects of bringing in a gay player, ala racial integration in the past.

Should it be this way? No. Is that the reality? I believe so.

TinFish

Tier or two tiers below a top level signing but he is perfect for Arsenal and our ambitions. Sign him up I say.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Do not want. We have enough lazy unmotivated divas at this club. The very last thing we need is to add another whose salary will quickly become an excuse for leaving the squad short. No. We need to start doing things the right way again.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I would not say equivalent in regards to polemics. I would say relatively similar (unfortunately) in terms of a team analyzing the cost/reward of the player. A team would have to calculate any potential negative effects of bringing in a gay player, ala racial integration in the past.

Should it be this way? No. Is that the reality? I believe so.
I'd imagine after reading how Wenger helped George Weah that he will find it as some sort of personal mission to help an out and out gay footballer rather than use it as an excuse not to sign one.

I also can't see there being any internal dynamics that would prevent it. Modern footballers aren't like ones of the past. The issue will be with knuckle dragging just out of the cesspit fans. And **** them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why do people keep saying it’s “weird” he hasn’t been picked by a top club yet?

The only thing weird here is the people who keep asking this.

This is not a top player we’re talking about.

The man went missing for an entire season, heck he didn't barely anything the season prior to Leicester winning the league and has only just started to make an impact again in the last couple of months. People on here seriously think he's far better than he actually is.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Honestly cannot believe people are calling him "average" and not much better than what we have.
Also their entire team "went missing for a season" they had clearly all downed tools, Chelsea did the same under Mourinho with Hazard being their worst player.
He seems alright again now.

You can argue if Mahrez is what we need but he clearly has a higher level of technical ability than virtually anyone in our squad, I would say only Özil comes close.

Seriously how many players in our squad are capable of scoring a goal like this?

On his 'weak' foot as well.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Honestly cannot believe people are calling him "average" and not much better than what we have.
Also their entire team "went missing for a season" they had clearly all downed tools, Chelsea did the same under Mourinho with Hazard being their worst player.
He seems alright again now.

You can argue if Mahrez is what we need but he clearly has a higher level of technical ability than virtually anyone in our squad, I would say only Özil comes close.

Seriously how many players in our squad are capable of scoring a goal like this?

On his 'weak' foot as well.
This guy is above our level. We should be all over him. People still live in the past thinking we can snub players like him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'd be the top of my list to replace Alexis. Able to beat players by running with the ball at pace or stationary and so calm in the final third. Defensive work rate might be questionable when partnered with Özil but we can worry about that later.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
To call him an average or below average footballer is risible. He has immense talent - and we're not talking about Ben Arfa talent that has remained unfulfilled - he's had tangible achievements with that talent. He won player of the year ffs.

He isn't in the very highest echelon, I agree, he's in the tier below that. But that tier is certainly above Leicester and certainly good enough for us or any other big team.

I agree he's one of those players that can run hot and cold, but Jesus so is Hazard. People lionise Hazard and forget how easily he can drop off his level and stop applying himself. For a player of Hazard's talent, he should have achieved more than he has. I don't see any doubt or criticism of Hazard though.

Calling Mahrez average is the height of contrarianism.

Folks here complaining about getting Mahrez or Malcom are seriously overvaluing the current state of this club. Mahrez, Özil, Malcom and Lacazette? Sign me up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom