• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Am I the only one sick of this corny team spirit stuff? It's so cheesey, I don't care if the players are friends I want to see wins. It's like fans are living vicariously through footballers relationships.

I think some can go a bit overboard on that sort of stuff but nothing wrong with a close knit group of very talented footballers.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

cl845upkpmo31.png

I laughed because it's pretty nice photoshopping and pictures. :lol: But eventhough humour should not need to be explained, I'm gonna ask, what does it mean?

The United game (injury game) was 9th game in a row that Holding started after coming in for Sokratis before it in Everton game. That game was a win. The record after was 5-4-0, with three top 6 opponents, plus Leicester, Wolves, Watford and Palace. All top 12 teams last season. That record is pretty amazing.

It makes absolutely no sense that Emery would not want Holding to start games again. Maybe I misunderstand the meme and situation, don't remember from which part of LotR that is? Is Emery there in orc's or similar body or friend's? Why that impression on face? Anyone care to explain?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Am I the only one sick of this corny team spirit stuff? It's so cheesey, I don't care if the players are friends I want to see wins. It's like fans are living vicariously through footballers relationships.

They don't have to be best friends, but you should never underestimate team spirit and chemistry. Best team I've ever played in is very strong on that front - albeit I wouldn't call us tight friends - and I think it's a big factor as to why we are so good. Good personal chemistry and getting on with each other, having fun on and off the pitch, common goals and ambition, etc. all raise the spirit within the group and I think is a big part of having success cause it makes you stick together on the pitch.

E.g. after the season ended Thomas Hitzlsperger alluded to VfB Stuttgart's 18/19 squad being very, very fractured into groups or even individuals, the leading structures being outdated and eroded, a horrible and downtrodden atmosphere in the dressing room; and this was mirrored on the pitch where you saw a disjointed and lifeless team and it's been listed as one of the main reasons for relegation.

So of course players don't have to be best mates, but I'd never underestimate squad chemistry and team spirit, which btw seems to be pretty good at Arsenal currently.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's nothing to do with 'corny team spirit stuff' - a defence line which bonds well is much more likely to understand each other on the pitch, discuss tactics, cover each others' backs, not blame each other when it goes wrong, be able to analyse post match together etc etc

same goes for the attack - one of the problems with Alexis, I suspect, was that he wasn't able or willing to discuss tactics with his teamates

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
it's nothing to do with 'corny team spirit stuff' - a defence line which bonds well is much more likely to understand each other on the pitch, discuss tactics, cover each others' backs, not blame each other when it goes wrong, be able to analyse post match together etc etc

same goes for the attack - one of the problems with Alexis, I suspect, was that he wasn't able or willing to discuss tactics with his teamates

Alexis was our best player for years and a absolute monster. Lacazette is everyones cheerleader but he couldn’t lace Alexis’ boots.

Pepes blue pill

You sound like you need a friend, we're all here for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom