• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIceman85

I'm so glad we have this lad. So cool, intelligent and aware. Reads the game well and stays one step ahead. Thanks, Mr Wenger!
Feel like he will need someone more commanding and aggressive next to him to get the best out of him and cover his weaknesses.

Surely Mustafi will walk back into that RCB spot when he regains fitness. It's just a question of whether we stick with Holding or drop him for Gabriel for that 3rd spot. His performances deserve to keep his place, but you could argue that for Gabi too.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His performances deserve to keep his place, but you could argue that for Gabi too.
You could. But how many chances has Gabi had. Great game Sunday. Fair play to him. But RH hasn't needed much game time to show his stuff. I'd stick with Holding but rotate enough to keep the hunger and sharpness of each player.

Something tells me we will need an extra CB for this new formation.

CHOPS

It's great to see him get his chance and he looks like he's grabbed it a snip at £2million makes Stones look like a donkey!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You could. But how many chances has Gabi had. Great game Sunday. Fair play to him. But RH hasn't needed much game time to show his stuff. I'd stick with Holding but rotate enough to keep the hunger and sharpness of each player.

Something tells me we will need an extra CB for this new formation.

He deserves a run in the team, but I'd still use him with caution. He's bound to have dips in form because of age and as a defender, that's a bit more dangerous then a final third player.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He deserves a run in the team, but I'd still use him with caution. He's bound to have dips in form because of age and as a defender, that's a bit more dangerous then a final third player.
Definitely. ANd that is why I mentioned the rotation factor. We've seen youngsters burn out before from overuse. Then they suffer dips in confidence as a result.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi, Holding, Koscielny, Gabriel, Chambers, Mertesacker.

We need another world class CB to go next to Koscielny and Holding. Mustafi, the face and old man Per can cover and we can sell/loan Chambers.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
These are the kind of signings we have to keep making. Get them before Southampton or some other intermediary who just inflate the fees.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Holding compliments Kos well, too.

I'd be more then up to keep Chambers loaned for another year to make room for one more top tier defender. He's done well at Boro and playing another year of weekly football on a defensive-minded team would do him wonders.

By then we're either getting rid of him or selling Gabriel. Per would be joining the coaching staff or starting his debt collection agency, so there'll be room.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If our squad has a meritocracy then Holding keeps his place - simple.

Dropping him for Mustafi after a performance like that sends a very bad message.

Nah , I've been impressed by him from the start especially some of his passing against Watford start of the season , still raw though and can be exposed at times .

Relic

The gif is rubbish for some reason, Holding at Bolton.

xUE5nN.gif

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He should start from here on out until his form dips. He's been playing well, imo. I don't have confidence that Mustafi will perform well in a formation change when he's already struggling to fit into a new league (Everton stint doesn't really count).

Relic

Here your daily dose of Holding. This time Holding is applying for the job of a forward with this goal.;)

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Probably needed a breather after the FA Cup match. We don't need Wenger running him into the ground already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom