• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relic

*Chambers & Holding named in England squad for U21 Euros this summer:

Going to try and watch this and see how Chambers & Holding work together, if they get the chance that is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Holding not starting again for the second game of the tournament... Am I missing something? Surely on form he is one of the best CBs in the tournament, let alone the England squad.
He deserves ti start but he can start the final if England look like winning it. Let him rest.

Crocrodile

Someone in Transfer forum mentioned loaning him and getting in a Manolas/Van Dijk.

Blasphemy.

Here 's a picture I got when returning home from Rosickyland and passed through the Alps.

Roberto Holdini.jpg #goat

say yes

forum master baiter
Roberto Holdini?

More like Bobby Senderos.

Amidst all the relief at the result, I think it bears mention that that was one of the worst CB performance I've seen at Arsenal in a long time.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Roberto Holdini?

Amidst all the relief at the result, I think it bears mention that that was one of the worst CB performance I've seen at Arsenal in a long time.
Not an incorrect analysis but one that should include the context in which it occurred. The manager should not have put out a back 3 where the only recognizable CB was a 21 year old kid. His passing was sloppy to be sure BUT it would be grossly unfair not to mention the pressure he was under from Bellerin's complete dereliction of duty as well as being the only one in the back line with any height and thus trying to be in too many places at once. He was bad but he was not put in a position to succeed either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
yeah was so bad today even wenger admit that after the game holidng was short in confidence after he gave the ball away many times.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shocking, though he played next to Bellerin who gave him zero support and he had Elneny and Xhaka setting up Leicester breaks all game.

He looks comfortably good enough when Per or Kos is playing.

cloista

Defense was all at sea today, lacked organisation, and as a result he was poor. Next to a leader he looks good. Nothing strange about that for a 21 year old just entering his second season with us.

nick gould

Roberto Holdini?

I expected him to be the most comfortable centre back out there seeing as he was our only natural centre back. At 22 you expect better from him especially with the basic stuff. He need Per and Kos to keep him focused.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think we can draw comparisons to Montreal of early last season here. Having little support from the players around you (notably Iwobi from Monreal, and Bellerin for Holding) makes your job much more difficult in multiple facets of the game. It means you're stuck defending against more numbers, and have more difficulty picking out others when in possession. Overall, I think this games' issues came from individual errors and we shouldn't be too worried yet, because this looks starting 11 looks nothing like our best. I'm taking Holding's performance with a grain of salt.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Just as there was no need for the over-the-top hype when we signed him or the few times when he played well, there is no need for panicing now. He just simply isn't ready for being a starter for a club of Arsenal's magnitude. Same can be said about nearly every 21 year old CB out there. Doesn't mean none of them will ever become top players. He had a nightmare of a game and he will learn from it.

WakeupCall

I think we can draw comparisons to Montreal of early last season here. Having little support from the players around you (notably Iwobi from Monreal, and Bellerin for Holding) makes your job much more difficult in multiple facets of the game. It means you're stuck defending against more numbers, and have more difficulty picking out others when in possession. Overall, I think this games' issues came from individual errors and we shouldn't be too worried yet, because this looks starting 11 looks nothing like our best. I'm taking Holding's performance with a grain of salt.

na he was just **** today

Dynamic

Stop putting the blame on a 21-years-old boy who played alongside monreal as a central defender and out-of-form bellerin as the wing-back beside him.
Defense is a unit, and today it didn't work.
Rob is fine.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not an incorrect analysis but one that should include the context in which it occurred. The manager should not have put out a back 3 where the only recognizable CB was a 21 year old kid. His passing was sloppy to be sure BUT it would be grossly unfair not to mention the pressure he was under from Bellerin's complete dereliction of duty as well as being the only one in the back line with any height and thus trying to be in too many places at once. He was bad but he was not put in a position to succeed either.

Yeah our entire defensive unit was **** today so I don't place much blame on Holding for that side of things.

That being said - its increasingly clear the more I watch him that there are some serious creases in his game that he needs to iron out. Too sloppy in possession and complacent at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom