• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'm actually pretty sure on this. Holding had a good game too. But Costa was lively. Got a goal (lost Holding with his movement) and should have had another.

Holding came out on top in several duels with Costa. Made some timely interceptions too. And his distribution (a stronger aspect of his game) was on point. I love how unfazed he was by the game.

Costa was clever for his goal but in all honesty Ospina should've saved his shot. If he doesn't score, everyone talks about how Costa barely got a kick.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Didn't like him again today.

Clearly needs to play along with kosielny and Nacho if he's going to be fielded.

Mustafi is not really the guy who'll teach him things like reading the game and keeping the lad calm.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had some good moments. It's up to him to stay strong and determined abd improve. He's better looked after next to Per or Kos though.

Adrian.Gj

Didn't like him again today.

Clearly needs to play along with kosielny and Nacho if he's going to be fielded.

Just like in the Leicester and Liverpool game? He was good today. First to the challenge many times, played with much more confidence and hopefully a clean sheet and win will up his game.

CJJ

Established Member
Rob Holding... i must be completely honest and say that all things considered, i don't see this guy as a potential WC player, and at this point i believe we only have him due to the country on his passport.

For a guy supposedly getting £25.000 i'm not impressed. I dont believe his level of play is above some of the mid-bottom tier defenders who gets even less.

skip spence

Tough game to come into but frankly I don't see much potential in Rob. He's got some composure but he's not great in duels, nor fast, particularly strong or a good ball player. Was caught out positionally on several occasions tonight and badly though tbf he didn't get much help from Mustafi who wasn't a good defensive leader and the back line was overall in disarray.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It's hard for inexperienced CBs to look good with the way we want to play - especially when we play against the better teams.

Still think we can do better, though.

BobP

Memri Fan
It's hard for inexperienced CBs to look good with the way we want to play - especially when we play against the better teams.

Still think we can do better, though.

The back 3 were exposed and consequently roasted.

I mean, Morata had more clear cut chances than some teams have in an entire game, and the most concerning thing was the fact that all of them came from literally the same situation, a ball over the top.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
With regards to both Holding and Chambers, it's true that neither have exceptional pace and that poses problems with our high line. But remember they're both 22 and Wenger most likely won't be the coach after 2019. They both have the raw materials to be good defenders. The system we play won't necessarily be the one we'll play after Wenger leaves. It would be negligent to cast them off when Wenger's successor could well put them to better use in a different system.

We recruited them for a combined fee of 18m, which means long-term we can still extract very good value from them. I agree we need a more experienced CB to come in with Kos and Monreal ageing and Per retiring, but overall i'm very happy we have 2 young English CBs in our squad and I think it's right that Wenger continue to put faith in them.

Provided we could get another CB in I'd look to loan Holding out to a smaller PL side next season for his development, but he shouldn't be written off by any stretch of the imagination. Developing CBs is a lengthy process and requires patience, which is obviously at odds with the nature of this forum.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs a PL loan, like Chambers had last season. A full season playing regularly at the top level is huge for a player. If he returns and isn't good enough, you sell. Chambers so far is showing he isn't good enough, he should be sold in the summer if that remains the case.

nick gould

Apart from the final minutes this young man was brilliant today. The commentators thought he would be targeted by Troy but he must have held his own well. He passes the ball really well for a defender. I wish he was more arrogant and showed more self belief in his own ability. There is something about his face that gives you the impression that he is scared.

OSBK

Established Member
Thought he was poor. his distribution was poor and was looking for clever balls when he should be thinking defend first. Thats down to coaching and playing out from the back.

He is a prospect but we cannot afford to carry potential anymore, him/chambers/iwobi are not good enough to make citys squad yet make our first team.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Class against Watford. Really love the potential both him and Chambers have. 5 years from now they will be entering their best 5 years of career, so I do expect them to have bad games, to have question marks about their ability, its all so normal and part of the process, but talent is there to be seen clearly imo

OSBK

Established Member
Not good enough, never will be good enough.

Got done by easy long balls and against newcastle looked a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom