• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

I was just going to post that :) I think he has a bigger future than Chambers and can see us letting one of them go. This new contract suggests it will be Chambers, especially with Mavro impressing.

Chambers or mustafi

One of them is going imo

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It means nothing.
Remember the Coquelin & Giroud guys? They signed new contracts a year ago.
Where are they now?
"It's over for him here" suggests he'd be sold this summer, which obviously won't be happening. Also he's a young player unlike the two you mentioned.

CJJ

Established Member
Bad decision.. its probably just due to the nationality on his passport.

I dont see why he deserves any sort of extention. He hasn't proven anything, and doesn't look like he will.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bad decision.. its probably just due to the nationality on his passport.

I dont see why he deserves any sort of extention. He hasn't proven anything, and doesn't look like he will.
He cost less than £3m and will likely be on about £20k a week after this deal. If he doesn’t work out we will still make a profit.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Chambers or mustafi

One of them is going imo

Yeh, I think Chambers. A new coach may really help Mustafi, he has the potential and he's had some good games. Its just all these crazy decisions he makes and focusing issues.

Tom349

I was just going to post that :) I think he has a bigger future than Chambers and can see us letting one of them go. This new contract suggests it will be Chambers, especially with Mavro impressing.

Based on? Personally I think both have a future here albeit one if not both need a loan spell given where they sit in the pecking order and also have Mavropanos to contend with. But as far the Chambers vs Holding debate, they're both still young as fas a CB's go with Chambers being 9 months older but he a lot more runs on the board. He earn't a big move by playing well at another premier league club, he started at Arsenal well before struggling and going on loan where he rediscovered his form. Which since returning he has been our best CB, although that doesn't say an awful lot given the performances of our more experienced defenders.

I don't see why we have to continually pit these two against one another when their is room for both of them should they prove good enough over the next couple of seasons.

Also Chambers signed a contract extension not that long ago.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If I had to guess I’d say Mustafi is off. The longer he plays here the less money we’ll make back off him.

Mavropanos and a new guy starting, Chambers and Koscielny backup with Holding going out on loan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Woop woop! Great stuff. No idea why people are choosing between Chambers, Holding and Mavropanos, they all have talent. Just give them some time under a good, organised coach and they'll improve. Maybe a loan, but absolutely no need to sell any of them.

Stannis

If I had to guess I’d say Mustafi is off. The longer he plays here the less money we’ll make back off him.

Mavropanos and a new guy starting, Chambers and Koscielny backup with Holding going out on loan.

Yeah agreed, I can’t see room for another youngish CB unless they are top drawer like Gimnez, Rugani, or the kid from Ajax.

So if a new cb comes they will mostly likely be experienced and that means Mustafi is off.

I suspect Laurent wants to retire at Arsenal, and I think the club will respect that unless he completely goes off a cliff form wise

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Based on? Personally I think both have a future here albeit one if not both need a loan spell given where they sit in the pecking order and also have Mavropanos to contend with. But as far the Chambers vs Holding debate, they're both still young as fas a CB's go with Chambers being 9 months older but he a lot more runs on the board. He earn't a big move by playing well at another premier league club, he started at Arsenal well before struggling and going on loan where he rediscovered his form. Which since returning he has been our best CB, although that doesn't say an awful lot given the performances of our more experienced defenders.

I don't see why we have to continually pit these two against one another when their is room for both of them should they prove good enough over the next couple of seasons.

Also Chambers signed a contract extension not that long ago.

Based on my ability to watch football and make an opinion! I'm only pitting them together because they are both normally played at CB, Chambers joined us from Saints where he played as a RB, maybe if he stays he will be used as RB back up.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agreed, I can’t see room for another youngish CB unless they are top drawer like Gimnez, Rugani, or the kid from Ajax.

So if a new cb comes they will mostly likely be experienced and that means Mustafi is off.

I suspect Laurent wants to retire at Arsenal, and I think the club will respect that unless he completely goes off a cliff form wise
We need a Maguire/Skriniar/Koulibaly type to be our rock.

Stannis

Based on my ability to watch football and make an opinion! I'm only pitting them together because they are both normally played at CB, Chambers joined us from Saints where he played as a RB, maybe if he stays he will be used as RB back up.

He is a disaster at RB

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Woop woop! Great stuff. No idea why people are choosing between Chambers, Holding and Mavropanos, they all have talent. Just give them some time under a good, organised coach and they'll improve. Maybe a loan, but absolutely no need to sell any of them.

We need to bring in a new top top CB, assuming we do that then one of the above has to go, unless you're assuming Mustafi will be off? He may not be easy to sell.

HBL

Established Member
I’d sell Mustafi, loan Holding and bring in Koulibaly or Skriniar. I think Chambers has been much better than Holding this season.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need to bring in a new top top CB, assuming we do that then one of the above has to go, unless you're assuming Mustafi will be off? He may not be easy to sell.

Oh yeah for sure we need a top quality experienced CB, no doubt. Increasingly I think we should sell Mustafi, while he still has some value. Could definitely flog him to Lazio for 20-25m. Keep Kos as a back-up maybe, play the top quality CB and let the young CBs compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom