• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's better than Chambers ever has been here, one shocking pass aside he was great.

If we don't get one world class CB out of Holding, Chambers and Bielik, well I'll be angry.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Kid looks good but calm down. Young players go through ups and downs, that's inevitable.

Chambers had the same reception after his first few games and now he looks a mess. Holding looks better than Chambers though and he's actually going to play PL games. He's also very nice on the ball.

Starting to think we aren't in for Mustafi at all, we might be bringing in a Kallstrom like figure as our 'experienced CB'.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Kid looks good but calm down. Young players go through ups and downs, that's inevitable.

Chambers had the same reception after his first few games and now he looks a mess. Holding looks better than Chambers though and he's actually going to play PL games. He's also very nice on the ball.

Starting to think we aren't in for Mustafi at all, we might be bringing in a Kallstrom like figure as our 'experienced CB'.

I agree , you wouldn't play him in the league at least till haflway through the season otherwise he'll get found out . Reason people are excited is you don't expect a 2 m pound jr play like this and no Chamber never looked this good ever in the centre of defence .

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Agree, said it a few days back. If Holding performs we have Koscielny, Holding, Gabriel, Chambers and Per coming back from injury somewhat next year. Can't see us getting a guy like Mustafi, it would 'ruin' other people's careers.

That's how Wenger sees it imo.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
New Arsenal signing Rob Holding impresses as Arsène Wenger weighs up his defensive options ahead of Liverpool clash

“At the moment we have Per Mertesacker out and we have Laurent Koscielny still on holiday, plus Gabriel.

“One of them will play at the start of the season or at least be in the squad. At the moment I have a look at everybody and after I will make my final decision.

“But as you just said, it’s true that Holding adapted very quickly. All the three have top quality and all the three miss a little bit of experience. I’ll have to make a decision in two weeks.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-his-defensive-options-ahead-of-a3308676.html

Jack the lad

Agree, said it a few days back. If Holding performs we have Koscielny, Holding, Gabriel, Chambers and Per coming back from injury somewhat next year. Can't see us getting a guy like Mustafi, it would 'ruin' other people's careers.

That's how Wenger sees it imo.

Mertesacker will not stay beyond this year. Koschielny is closing 30 years old and Chambers will probably head out on loan this year if we buy mustafi.

2017/2018: Koschielny,mustafi,Holding,Gabriel,Chambers. with chambers as a RB deputy as well.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Starting to have depth in defence which is good. Hope holding keeps it up and gets some game time alongside kos great experience for the lad.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Mertesacker will not stay beyond this year. Koschielny is closing 30 years old and Chambers will probably head out on loan this year if we buy mustafi.

2017/2018: Koschielny,mustafi,Holding,Gabriel,Chambers. with chambers as a RB deputy as well.

Regarding Per, pure speculation. You don't know what Wenger will do, everyone always slags him off but Wenger must rate him. Koscielny is getting older but he's still quality for a few years probably. Being 30 years old is no problem.

If Wenger trusts Holding and doesn't loan out him or Chambers (and I've not seen any reliable report that they're being loaned out) we have plenty defenders and I doubt that we're getting Mustafi then.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's looked assured and accomplished on the ball. He seems mentally switched on and plays every battle to the end. Alongside a vocal Kos, I'd trust him to do a job.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Friendlies generally mean nothing but Holding looks decent, hopefully be fighting for his place in the first team this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom