• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Too slow, the watford striker passed him by as if he was standing still. Would have a place in our team if we manage to offload Mustafi and Chambers and get a faster defender in to cover him.

mug

wump
I agree with most. We should see how Sokratis and Holding work together. Neither is fast, but if they get an understanding in place, maybe they could be solid, by covering together smartly.
I was over Mustafi last season and imo we should try to learn about other CB combinations.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I agree with most. We should see how Sokratis and Holding work together. Neither is fast, but if they get an understanding in place, maybe they could be solid, by covering together smartly.
I was over Mustafi last season and imo we should try to learn about other CB combinations.

Sokratis is actually pretty quick

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He & by extension Chambers, have the skillset to be quality. All they need is to be paired up with a senior partner who can offer them the necessary guidance before they can nail down spots for themselves.

trippyhippy

He & by extension Chambers, have the skillset to be quality. All they need is to be paired up with a senior partner who can offer them the necessary guidance before they can nail down spots for themselves.

Chambers reminds me of Mustafi, slightly short for a CB and has brain farts at times. Would like chambers to be sold, Fulham fans don't rate him in the slightest judging by what they have been saying of him. Holding has proven to be much more focused during matches.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Chambers reminds me of Mustafi, slightly short for a CB and has brain farts at times. Would like chambers to be sold, Fulham fans don't rate him in the slightest judging by what they have been saying of him. Holding has proven to be much more focused during matches.

They've already passed judgement on him? I thought he hadn't featured for them this season.

Mustafi, however, is an entirely different issue. His whining & constant throwing of the hands whenever a defender has the audacity to impede him.

Look no further than his tussle with Mitrovic earlier today. Had the referee nor the linesman picked up on it, we'd have been trailing by a goal.

trippyhippy

They've already passed judgement on him? I thought he hadn't featured for them this season.

Mustafi, however, is an entirely different issue. His whining & constant throwing of the hands whenever a defender has the audacity to impede him.

Look no further than his tussle with Mitrovic earlier today. Had the referee nor the linesman picked up on it, we'd have been trailing by a goal.

I agree on the Mustafi points, he did similar stuff last year like when Aguero nudged him in the back and he stopped for the whistle. he needs to cut that out and focus on the game

The general consensus around chambers atm among Fulham fans is that he is the worst of a bad bunch, they rate Mawson slightly higher and also think Odoi, Le merchand, Ream are better players. That's very disappointing tbh and whenever he has played he has moments where he is not focusing which has cost the team goals. I don't know whether that's due to him getting used to Fulham or whether he is sh ite. hopefully he can get a run of games now that fulham have been ruined 5-1 but honestly i don't think he will. best to get rid for anything near what we got him for.

blaze_of_glory

Really happy to see him getting towards the level he looked he had in him during his first season here.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Credit where it's due and I really like both, Chambers and Holding, but as much as they can be quality for us right now I will never see them as good enough for the eventual goal of being the best team in the country again, not even speaking about Europe yet.

A modern defender of a club like us which is expected to dominate, keep possession for most games, just needs to be quick. You can only compensate a lack of it to some extend. A chambers-holding pairing will only have good patches, but never dominate

BobP

Memri Fan
Said this a while ago in relation to Chambers:

The products which come out of the Southampton youth academy are too middle class.

They simply have it too easy, no real drive to succeed.

You can see Holding has that drive. Born and raised in blue-collar Stalybridge, rose through the ranks at unfashionable Bolton, spent time in the 4th division with Bury, and broke into a Bolton side which was struggling.

To stand out, as a defender, in a side which was conceding close to 2 goals a game, and to be picked up by a club with Arsenal's standing is a great achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom