• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
He seems to be nicely growing into the Mertesacker role. Gabriel into the Kos role.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Holding deserves a lot of praise I think. He has been playing really well as far as I am concerned. Fairly tidy on the ball, stands up 1 on 1. Together with Gabriel he has been really solid. If Mari can come good and we add one more CB of quality or Saliba and/or Chambers can come through we will have a decent CB rotation.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Holding deserves a lot of praise I think. He has been playing really well as far as I am concerned. Fairly tidy on the ball, stands up 1 on 1. Together with Gabriel he has been really solid. If Mari can come good and we add one more CB of quality or Saliba and/or Chambers can come through we will have a decent CB rotation.

Mari won't come good but I agree with you otherwise. Gabriel/Holding is a pairing as good as any in the league.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if we're the only club who bought 8 CBs for two places? Anyway at least Gabriel and Holding look quite decent. What a club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mari won't come good but I agree with you otherwise. Gabriel/Holding is a pairing as good as any in the league.

Well that simply says more about the standard of CB pairings in the league more than anything else tbh. Tho when you think about it now that Van Dijk is injured there isn't really any standout CB partnerships.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@BigPoppaPump stop having a go at my boy Kos

@Tir Na Nog stop having a go at my boy Rob

giphy.gif

BigPoppaPump

Well that simply says more about the standard of CB pairings in the league more than anything else tbh. Tho when you think about it now that Van Dijk is injured there isn't really any standout CB partnerships.

Nah we actually have a great pair of CBs lets not discredit them. If it wasn't for Holding and Big G Arteta would be in the dirt right now. They're carrying this team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still waiting for an explanation why was he on the bench? Sometimes I can't understand what Arteta is doing... You think about it in the morning when things settle a bit, and still no idea why would he start with Luiz

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Choosing Luiz ahead of Holding and the Bellerin disaster class display heavily contrbuted to our loss yesterday.

Holding we have 6 cleansheets in 9 matches and we alo didnt concede a goal when he came on yesterday.

The best English CB at the moment and it's between him and Tierney for our best player after Gabriel so far this season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bang average. Has been given a career but Arteta getting the team to defend deeper and with with more numbers. We need a RCB to play next to Gabriel in a back 4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He been useful he doing what he could the only positive this season from us is defensively him and Gabriel worked well

BigPoppaPump

Choosing Luiz ahead of Holding and the Bellerin disaster class display heavily contrbuted to our loss yesterday.

Holding we have 6 cleansheets in 9 matches and we alo didnt concede a goal when he came on yesterday.

The best English CB at the moment and it's between him and Tierney for our best player after Gabriel so far this season.

If Holding and Gabriel had a proper midfield and proper fullbacks they'd be classed as the best CB pairing in the league. They're just surrounded by dross.

novar

We can stop pretending he's awesome the defensive record no longer is there.

Still happy with his output, as a squad rotation option he's quality and was worth the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom