<

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

His value could go up in a year defintely. I'd rather cash in now though in order to secure a Partey or Aaour.

We've spent the best part of 90m on defence in the last 15 months. Time to upgrade other areas of the team.

Martinez leaving stings a bit, Maitland-Niles would if we accepted an offer, Holding wouldn't. Confident he'd be an Iwobi, Gibbs or Afobe and not a Gnabry

2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Right but you've just used the example of Iwobi who we got nearly 40m for. We got maximum value out of Iwobi. Like for sure 20m right now for Holding would be handy, but it's potentially only half of what he could be worth.

3. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

In a COVID affected market, getting 20 for Holding is nearly half of the Partey money. Holding could go to Newcastle and have a stinker.

Likelihood is that he'll go out on loan before the window ends.

4. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Fair play - another player I'd written off starting the season off well under Arteta.

Gooner416, asukru, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  5. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

As I was saying, having him as a 4th choice CB on a low salary is a no brainer.

Think he will have a fair share of games this season while Saliba is adapting to everything and Chambers being out for some time.

Mari transfer makes absolutely no sense at this point, a complete waste of our limited resources.

6. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

I think the fact Mari is left footed helped his case here. I mean, in the limited time we’ve seen him he’s look okay. But we have so many CB’s now. Surely at least 3 need to be sold.

7. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

A composed game. He didn't make any big errors and never looked in real danger. I'd keep him over Chambers.

8. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Liked that bit of cheeky play. Nice that it led to the corner Gabriel scored on. Really happy with how many of our players are improving under Arteta. Only good can come from that.

Brett likes this.
  9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Keep Holding until and unless we have at least four centre-backs better than him. At the moment it's case not proven. He's cheap and our best centre-back in the air.

10. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Gabriel could be reading this you know. He(Gabriel) is very good in the Air.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  11. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Our two greatest players were bald.

Pop Tart likes this.
  12. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

I think with Holding is that it started when he was still pretty young. That can be traumatizing when u start balding in your early 20s. Even Gabriel's hairline is on life support.

13. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Translation: Somebody needs to remind Arteta that it's Arsenal he's coaching....they shouldn't be playing this good. Since when does a guy like Holding have these kinds of skills.

14. Elite Smarts

Elite Smarts Active Member

Can I get a gif or video of it

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

16. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

If Bellerin did that he would be getting Cafu comparisons by the usual offenders on this forum.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Wrighty4eva and BigPoppaPump like this.
  17. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Should of done better for marking on the goal. With the excpetion of 1 moment he had very good game, delt with an inform striker in Antonio very well.

18. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I honestly can't care less about the goal, even world class defenders have moments like this. It wasn't like the worst reaction you will see in football, just a split of a second too slow, but you could argue players around him didn't react in the best way as well.
    He is probably the best 4th CB in the league, very cheap and I'm always confident when he is replacing one of our injured starters.

Amazing value for money and hope he stays with us

Mitch and Brett like this.
  19. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

He is a liabilty. His passing out is as bad as xhaka, lack of pace and antonio mugged him all game. I dont care if he the 4th choice, that performance wasnt good enough for a top 4 side.

The goals, holding sees the whole picture, he is jogging with antonio and can easily shout to gab to tell him there is a man in behind or do something himself. Poor poor play and going into next week we could get punished badly.

The rcb is a serious serious problem for us, if saliba doesnt hit the ground running then thats the area we will exploited every week.

truth_hurts likes this.
  20. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Depends which ones Arteta rates. Doesn't look like he rates Mustafi, Chambers is out and Saliba is still very young so in those terms he's probably thinking the balance is about right for rotation/fitness.