• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He is a liabilty. His passing out is as bad as xhaka, lack of pace and antonio mugged him all game. I dont care if he the 4th choice, that performance wasnt good enough for a top 4 side.

The goals, holding sees the whole picture, he is jogging with antonio and can easily shout to gab to tell him there is a man in behind or do something himself. Poor poor play and going into next week we could get punished badly.

The rcb is a serious serious problem for us, if saliba doesnt hit the ground running then thats the area we will exploited every week.

When will this "Xhaka is bad at passing" myth die?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

It died in the 7th minute when he played it directly to bowen and they nearly scored.

Oh so a single mistake = game over.

I guess Messi was **** when he missed an open goal that one time :lol:

Give it a rest mate.

DO NOT WANT!

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought he was very good yesterday, constantly made tackles and closed down. Made one mistake yesterday in not tracking a run that half the team were guilty of. Not a dominant display but a battling one where they tried to target his lack of pace and failed miserably. Itsfunny when you see teams trying to target Holding but they can't get on top. He hasnt a lot of pace but his positioning is great and hes fairly strong in the air which is vital until Gabriel gets up to speed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People thought Holding was good yesterday?! Missed headers for fun and got the run around from Antonio. Thought he was our 2nd worst player.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

AM said Douzi the next Gerrard for a while. Before that is Iwobi.

Holding is decent enough for 4th cb. People saying as if 4th cb in Top 4 is something. Look at poor Christensen today, i would say Holding is better.

Was this an official statement from the mods or perhaps from the A-M Ultras?

GunnerShy

AM said Douzi the next Gerrard for a while. Before that is Iwobi.

Holding is decent enough for 4th cb. People saying as if 4th cb in Top 4 is something. Look at poor Christensen today, i would say Holding is better.
Not like United, Chelsea or Man City CBs cover themselves in glory. As a fourth choice Holding is ok.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I forgot that midfielders all have 100% pass completion in all games.

Funny thing is I just rewatched that pass and they didn't even come close to scoring, Bowen put in a tame cross that was easily dealt with.

Talk about hyperbole!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
When will this "Xhaka is bad at passing" myth die?

If Xhaka wasn’t bad at passing in every game. This isn’t the Bible, mate, you don’t need to go back 2000 years to prove it. We see it every game. Not incisive, not confident, and prone to error even in short passes.... even at his best it seems.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

If Xhaka wasn’t bad at passing in every game. This isn’t the Bible, mate, you don’t need to go back 2000 years to prove it. We see it every game. Not incisive, not confident, and prone to error even in short passes.... even at his best it seems.

:lol: Total horseshit from the first letter to the last. Incisive passing is the one thing you would say he's one of the best in the league at. Lad breaks lines constantly...like, literally all game its what he's doing when in the opposition half. His incisive pass to Saka lead to our first goal FFS

Prone to error in short passes :lol::lol::lol:

No lad, its because he's trusted picking the ball up from the CBs and distributing/breaking lines that he makes the odd error, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good hate campaign.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
:lol: Total horseshit from the first letter to the last. Incisive passing is the one thing you would say he's one of the best in the league at. Lad breaks lines constantly...like, literally all game its what he's doing when in the opposition half. His incisive pass to Saka lead to our first goal FFS

Prone to error in short passes :lol::lol::lol:

No lad, its because he's trusted picking the ball up from the CBs and distributing/breaking lines that he makes the odd error, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good hate campaign.

He missed numerous passes and runs. He hit a decent pass to Saka there with yards of space, which should be routine for any PL midfielder. If that’s the type of pass that amazes you, then I’m not surprised you’re happy with Xhaka. Saka’s quick turn and incisive pass finding Auba’s run made that goal. I won’t take Xhaka’s pre-pre-assist there away though.

I agree that we are relying on him to transition from defense to attack. What I’m saying is that he does a poor job. A big reason that we struggle against West Ham, even with Xhaka making barn burning passes like that to Saka.

Our frontline is constantly making dynamic moves and a play is frequently on that Xhaka opts to cycle possession because he is incapable of making the right pass. It stunts our attack constantly. It happened over and over vs West Ham. It especially kills the counter.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He missed numerous passes and runs. He hit a decent pass to Saka there with yards of space, which should be routine for any PL midfielder. If that’s the type of pass that amazes you, then I’m not surprised you’re happy with Xhaka. Saka’s quick turn and incisive pass finding Auba’s run made that goal. I won’t take Xhaka’s pre-pre-assist there away though.

I agree that we are relying on him to transition from defense to attack. What I’m saying is that he does a poor job. A big reason that we struggle against West Ham, even with Xhaka making barn burning passes like that to Saka.

Our frontline is constantly making dynamic moves and a play is frequently on that Xhaka opts to cycle possession because he is incapable of making the right pass. It stunts our attack constantly. It happened over and over vs West Ham. It especially kills the counter.
As Mark mentioned he broke the lines for our first goal and after a sloppy start (like the entire team but lets ignore that for now) he constantly found people with over the top passes during the game.

He does play a bit safer than he used to do but it's probably because of people like you who get annoyed when your midfielder loses the ball. Jokes aside I think it's tactical instructions, he's a lot more forward-thinking for Switzerland and that was against Germany not just some dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom