• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazu

Wonder if Rob will keep his place at RCB for the next few games or if Saliba will be given a shot.

Quite a tough run of fixtures so I guess Arteta will play it safe and stick with Holding.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Rob Holding proved all his haters wrong now they *****ing about Xhaka in his thread instead, you love to see it.
Rob has been almost faultless since he's come in tbh. I wasn't sold for most of last season but I'm glad we kept him - out of our 8 or so CB's you'd hope he stays and makes the cut after this season.

Pyres7

Wonder if Rob will keep his place at RCB for the next few games or if Saliba will be given a shot.

Quite a tough run of fixtures so I guess Arteta will play it safe and stick with Holding.
Judging by what Arteta has been saying, I doubt we'll see much of Saliba this season apart from the cups.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Rob has been almost faultless since he's come in tbh. I wasn't sold for most of last season but I'm glad we kept him - out of our 8 or so CB's you'd hope he stays and makes the cut after this season.

Faultless??

Against West Ham he was responsible for their goal with sloppy positioning, should not have been beaten to the ball like that.

Was turned a couple of times by WestHam player when he tried to press and went out of his defensive line.

He's decent on the ball but man he's slow when changing body shape and position, lacks agility and explosivness to play a high line. Fortunetly for him Arteta is taking it very conservatively atm and we're not playing too high up the pitch.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Faultless??

Against West Ham he was responsible for their goal with sloppy positioning, should not have been beaten to the ball like that.
He could have done better getting infront of Antonio but that goal was just soft defending all around/a decent counter attack.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think we can get really good money for him next summer and maybe in Jan.

He’s shown that he’s not a liability (so far) in a decent defence. Only reason he doesn’t make it here for me is that you can see playing out from the back isn’t natural for him.

akhil

Want to see start as the RCB for the rest of the year in the league. He's been good and he's cutting out mistakes on the ball.

Saliba will have plenty of games in the cups to ease him in.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s shown that he’s not a liability (so far) in a decent defence. Only reason he doesn’t make it here for me is that you can see playing out from the back isn’t natural for him.

Look at some of the trash CBs in the league. No chance he can’t get a job somewhere.

Clerais

Against the teams we've played so far, and they are weaker than Liverpool etc., he did very bad several times during the games. It didnt result in goals because the players on the opposite side werent good enough to convert it. That is not going to happen against stronger teams with stronger individuals. I dont think he should start for a team such as Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Let's see what he does against a proper side like Liverpool and whether he isn't getting bullied once again there.

He's certainly not a bad defender for all midtable clubs but imo no chance to win big stuff with him, just too many flaws in his profile.

Also, he wasn't good against West Ham

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Against the teams we've played so far, and they are weaker than Liverpool etc., he did very bad several times during the games. It didnt result in goals because the players on the opposite side werent good enough to convert it. That is not going to happen against stronger teams with stronger individuals. I dont think he should start for a team such as Arsenal.
I don’t hate him, he’s tried his best and he’s got a couple of clean sheets to boot lol - I dunno what else to say.

Sorry he didn’t cost 55 mil man you should be happy.

Kysus

I don't know, he constantly has to do last-ditch stuff because players catch him wrongside. Does not seem to use his body properly. Really hit and miss with the ball too. Not close to starter material, no loong-term future I'm afraid.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I kinda hate that it’s a requirement nowadays - I’ve always preferred no nonsense boot it out of play defenders. You’re right though.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
For all his flaws, why do we go to complete **** when he doesn't play? Even under Arteta who's constantly coaching the players out there, we don't look half as good when he's on the pitch.

I like Xhaka but he can/should be improved on in the next year.

This is a contradictory post, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Could you clarify?

Clerais

I don’t hate him, he’s tried his best and he’s got a couple of clean sheets to boot lol - I dunno what else to say.

Sorry he didn’t cost 55 mil man you should be happy.

I agree with you, and I also quite like him tbh. He is a good defender, and there is a lot we dont see or know about his role in the locker room and on other areas of the football spectrum. And yes he didnt cost 55 mil so definitly not a failure :).

My point was more about this : if you are Arsenal, and your ambition is to be one of the best football teams in the world, you need the means to your ambitions. I dont think Rob is good enough, but I do believe he will give everything to the club to contribute :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom