• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Young Jonny Evans (and old too) was levels above this guy,

He shouldn't be anything more than backup but is getting games regularly. What does that say us

I am fine with him as backup as i think he would be okay to come in but as a regular starter i doubt he would be able to handle playing in our open defense. Plus he backs off too much, i think he learned the from mustafi.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Mods. Somebody do something about this travesty.

This prick Knob Holding isn't even top 5 defensive players this season and our defence has been woeful.

Name 5 players in our team who have produced more good performances this season? Tierney, Thats it.

Holdini payed every minute of our 9 league cleansheets.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Name 5 players in our team who have produced more good performances this season? Tierney, Thats it.

Holdini payed every minute of our 9 league cleansheets.
Leno, Tierney, Lacazette, Xhaka. Saka and Gabriel have the most player of the month awards.

Luiz hasn't been great but he's been better than Holding.

Holding has had more bad games than good. He's fekking s**t.

Mitch

Leno, Tierney, Lacazette, Xhaka. Saka and Gabriel have the most player of the month awards.

Luiz hasn't been great but he's been better than Holding.

Holding has had more bad games than good. He's fekking s**t

Disagree. Holdini has made a lot of very good peformances against pool in the cup, Utd x2, Leeds, Southampton x2, Chelsea (as always)Brighton, WBA, Palace, Sheffield Utd and Prague (and that's just off the top of my head). Ive ratley come away thinking Holdini has had a bad match.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still think he's a good third choice defender, the issue for us is getting the first and second choices right.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So Holding has missed 18 games this season where we have kept 2 clean sheets, Dundalk and Newcastle (poor teams). In contrast we’ve kept 12 clean sheets in 34 games he’s played.

He’s our best CB by far, just not very popular so people rate him lower. Probably because he’s balding knowing this lame fanbase.

Kav

Established Member
So Holding has missed 18 games this season where we have kept 2 clean sheets, Dundalk and Newcastle (poor teams). In contrast we’ve kept 12 clean sheets in 34 games he’s played.

He’s our best CB by far, just not very popular so people rate him lower. Probably because he’s balding knowing this lame fanbase.

Both Gabriel and Luiz have been generally better than him this season. He has been unspectacular and have not had any stand out games. Gabriel is superior and when we are against slow/ weak opponents Mari looks more reassured than Holding.
I do think we need to either ship him out or replace him with a good CB. We also have Saliba and Mavropanos coming through so we don’t need Holding and Chambers (who also plays CB). One of the two will have to go.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Both Gabriel and Luiz have been generally better than him this season. He has been unspectacular and have not had any stand out games. Gabriel is superior and when we are against slow/ weak opponents Mari looks more reassured than Holding.
I do think we need to either ship him out or replace him with a good CB. We also have Saliba and Mavropanos coming through so we don’t need Holding and Chambers (who also plays CB). One of the two will have to go.

Holding is way better than Mari and Gabriel come on now lol, only Luiz has an argument of being the better CB at Arsenal. If we never bought Gabriel in the first place it wouldn’t make a difference tbh and Mari is crap. Chambers and Holding are clear.

Kav

Established Member
Holding is way better than Mari and Gabriel come on now lol, only Luiz has an argument of being the better CB at Arsenal. If we never bought Gabriel in the first place it wouldn’t make a difference tbh and Mari is crap. Chambers and Holding are clear.

Gabriel in my opinion has been the better defender. Holding seems to forgot the art of defending and has taken up too many Boxing classes bouncing around instead of taking control of spaces and opponents.

That being said he isn’t our worse defender and I am fine with him being back up. I wouldn’t want him leading our back line as well. Lacks a lot of pace.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Holding cannot play with Mari and vice versa. They both need an athletic type of partner like Luiz or Gabriel. Unfortunately, Luiz is a headcase who can go off the rails at any moment and Gabriel still prone to rash decisions as he's still growing into this league. I think Gabriel is our best defender currently but he makes mistakes often enough to affect us.

I like Holding to be a cup game starter and/or a PL fill in to give somebody a breather and/or fill in for short term injury type of squaddie.

Mitch

I think @truth_hurts hatred of Holdini has eclipsed, GDeeps hatred for Leno, Big Poppa Pump of Koscielny, Fabo's hatred of everything and everyone, my hatred for Ramsey, Bellerin and dare I say ...even my hatred for Diaby.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I consider myself to be at the positive end of the Holding spectrum, as in I think he's an adequate back-up CB. Any assessment that he's better than that I'd put on the delusional end of the spectrum. But even despite my positivity on him, I fully understand people on more negative ends of the spectrum who say he's just not that good and we might as well sell. Like if someone said that I wouldn't go out of my way to argue with them.

He's an adequate, but limited player, certainly not someone you want to be starting in your most important games at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom