• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Now that I've calmed down a little, it is time to give a rational opinion on our Rob.

Knob Balding is the single, highest contributing factor to me becoming disengaged, disheartened and disinterested in this football club.

Arsène Wenger used to take pieces of coal and turn them in to diamonds. He was a master at buying cheap and making stars. 2m for Rob Holding is one of the worst signings he's made, yes worse than Andre Santos as this divkheadd Holding has become a regular starter. At least with Santos etc al we realised our mistake early. There's a saying that you can't polish a turd - Rob Folding (under pressure) is a steaming pile of ****.

I don't wish an injury on anybody and even Holding doesn't deserve this, but he needs that stupid guitar crashing over his head. Go back to Bolton, you average piece of ****. You cnut.

It's not his fault and actually I'm wrong. I want to say Holding isn't Arsenal quality, but I still remembered when we were a top team. We are a mid table team and that is Holdings level.

I don't even care enough to type anymore. He wins. He's ****, we're **** and fans are tolerating it.

He wins.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bang average player, he wouldn't get a game at Burnley. How Saliba is hounded out to give game time to bums like Holding and Mari is beyond me. Edu and Arteta should get sacked for that decision alone.

That being said, I'd keep him around as an emergency back up, same goes for Mari. I get the impression both realise how lucky they are to be at the club, and neither would kick up a stink about being reserves. He's homegrown as well.

He would actually do very well at Burnley. He's a very good deep block defender imo, Dyche would work wonders with him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Personally I think a modern big club needs 5 senior CBs, considering there are more and more games these days. I don't think Holding or Mari are top level at all, but they were cheap let's be honest here, I think they're perfectly fine as the 4th/5th choice CBs. The problem was when your 4th/5th choices are both starting in your most important games. That shouldn't be happening.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't say very good, but yeah that's his strong point. I still don't think he's as good as Tarkowski or Mee though...

Tarkowski and Mee are playing in a settled system which plays to their strengths. Give Holding a couple of years in that system and he'd also look like a monster.

Anyway don't think we're selling him, last summer was the time to do that. Probably Chambers is the one to go this summer.

I repeat Holding is not a problem, he's just a problem if you're relying on him for your most important games. If Utd played their semi-final with Jones and Bailly we'd be saying they're clearly not at full strength, same with Holding and Mari, they're just back-ups who shouldn't be playing the important games.

We're not City here, we ain't spending 40m on Ake to play 15 games a season.

Iceman10

Established Member
Tarkowski and Mee are playing in a settled system which plays to their strengths. Give Holding a couple of years in that system and he'd also look like a monster.

Anyway don't think we're selling him, last summer was the time to do that. Probably Chambers is the one to go this summer.

I repeat Holding is not a problem, he's just a problem if you're relying on him for your most important games. If Utd played their semi-final with Jones and Bailly we'd be saying they're clearly not at full strength, same with Holding and Mari, they're just back-ups who shouldn't be playing the important games.

We're not City here, we ain't spending 40m on Ake to play 15 games a season.
We could have spent 40m on Stones or Ake as first choice regulars though, that's what p**ses me off. We go with slightly lower money signings on the promise they will be solid a season or three after being signed.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If Arteta seriously wants to be ruthless, this bum is one of the first 3 on his list.

He's absolute garbage, no wonder he wasn't £50m.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
We could have spent 40m on Stones or Ake as first choice regulars though, that's what p**ses me off. We go with slightly lower money signings on the promise they will be solid a season or three after being signed.
I Wouldn't trust any new signing under Arteta, look at what he's done to Gabriel.

Dropped him in favour of a sht pairing in Mari and Holding who are both at best, championship level.

Sent 1 Huge talented CB out on loan, and we have another CB out on loan who's having a stellar season In Germany.

Mavro and Saliba.

And now the PR machine is in overddrive, linking us to Drivel who just got sent down with Fulham.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The hate for Holding is bizarre... sure he’s a journeyman but given some of the dross (mustafi, paulista) we’ve had to deal with over the years I’d have thought Arsenal fans would be able to get it in perspective. Personally I would sell him in favour of Chambers and Saliba, Chambers is the best technician we have in defence, he can cover at rb and he’s not slow for a cb either. He’s good one on one with wingers too. I’d like to see him given a chance.

Reactions: roz

Wiggins

I think a lot of his most ardent detractors on here secretly want to be used by him for cheap, dirty sex. Leicester-style.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Play him in a deep block, he's as good as John Terry...better actually, as Rob isn't a racist, cheating scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom