• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We are not competing for a top 4 place now. The question is can we climb high enough in the table to achieve a Europa League qualifying spot?

I think 4 top signings, CB, RB, CM, & AM would put us in a position to go for top 4, especially with no European football.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Holding is solid and can be our senior RCB. I do think we should consider selling if we get a great offer though?
No loyalty at this club, look what happened with Emi. Proper Arsenal lad here for years and we sell him to keep some mercenary who wants to f off already. Now we’re scrambling for a goalkeeper. Keep Holdini he’ll be a legend here.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
No loyalty at this club, look what happened with Emi. Proper Arsenal lad here for years and we sell him to keep some mercenary who wants to f off already. Now we’re scrambling for a goalkeeper. Keep Holdini he’ll be a legend here.

I see what you're saying. I do think his ceiling is limited and that's the only reason I would consider selling. I see Saliba/Gabriel as our CB future. But yeah....Only worth selling Holding if the offer is really good. Like £50M.

On the other hand, we need to get rid of Chambers, too injury prone.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I see what you're saying. I do think his ceiling is limited and that's the only reason I would consider selling. I see Saliba/Gabriel as our CB future. But yeah....Only worth selling Holding if the offer is really good. Like £50M.

You only see Saliba/Gabriel as our future cos of their transfer fees and they’re exotic. They both still have a lot to prove before you can say that and I don’t judge players based off potential, show me something that’s not just hype.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Jiminez, Grealish, Barkley and Sterling used Holding like a rock star uses their groupies on tour. He got touched up in a way that was inhumane.

Knob Holding.

truth_hurts

50? I'd go topless in the street swigging champers for 15m

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm laughing at some of the comments here rating Holding lol. He's an average Premier League defender at best. Seriously, would any other "Big 6" side want him in their squad?

Holdini produced more good peformances this season than Maguire, Lindeloff, Rudieger, Sanchez, Dier and any pool CB. We struggled to keep a keep clean sheet without him in the league and was a vital part of us having the 3rd best defensive record in the league despite ours xms being very poor and providing little protection for the defence.

"But...but..but he only signed for 2m and doesn't have high rating on Fifa".

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Holdini produced more good peformances this season than Maguire, Lindeloff, Rudieger, Sanchez, Dier and any pool CB. We struggled to keep a keep clean sheet without him in the league and was a vital part of us having the 3rd best defensive record in the league despite ours xms being very poor and providing little protection for the defence.

"But...but..but he only signed for 2m and doesn't have high rating on Fifa".

Sorry but maquire and rudiger had vastly better seasons including big performances than holding. Even lindeloff who had his best season for utd was better than holding. Rudiger won the CL and was outstanding. I dont know how you thought sanchez and dier should be mentioned, both those cb's are quite poor and levels below the other names. Abit harsh having a pop at pool defenders, some random from the german league and a guy who was a postman.

I do agree that holding was vital to us not conceeding more than 39 goals which is great for us. But to get that we had to play some of the most negative boring football which resulted in a low league finish. This negative football is played to protect the defense, so really as good as holding was the reality is our defenders are not good enough to play in a more expansive system.

Mitch

Sorry but maquire and rudiger had vastly better seasons including big performances than holding. Even lindeloff who had his best season for utd was better than holding. Rudiger won the CL and was outstanding. I dont know how you thought sanchez and dier should be mentioned, both those cb's are quite poor and levels below the other names. Abit harsh having a pop at pool defenders, some random from the german league and a guy who was a postman.

I do agree that holding was vital to us not conceeding more than 39 goals which is great for us. But to get that we had to play some of the most negative boring football which resulted in a low league finish. This negative football is played to protect the defense, so really as good as holding was the reality is our defenders are not good enough to play in a more expansive system.

Maguire was error prone first half season and majority of utd fans wanted him dropped due to errors.

Maguire was error prone the first half of season and their fans wanted him dropped. Lindeloff again error prone and utd fan want a upgrade. Dier feature the majority of games for Sp**s and as a cb for a supposed "big six side. Dsnchez has dropped down after initially impressing in his first season Sp**s and has been poor. Rudiger is inconsistent and always has an error in him. Pool are a bug six side and none of their cbs have performed well as Holdini.

Ours cms were very poor this season and offered little protection despite our defensive nature.

OSBK

Established Member
Maguire was error prone first half season and majority of utd fans wanted him dropped due to errors.

Maguire was error prone the first half of season and their fans wanted him dropped. Lindeloff again error prone and utd fan want a upgrade. Dier feature the majority of games for Sp**s and as a cb for a supposed "big six side. Dsnchez has dropped down after initially impressing in his first season Sp**s and has been poor. Rudiger is inconsistent and always has an error in him. Pool are a bug six side and none of their cbs have performed well as Holdini.

Ours cms were very poor this season and offered little protection despite our defensive nature.

All defenders are error prone, thats a lame excuse. Utd conceeded 5 more goals than us last season, they had a similar cm quality to us last season fred/matic/mctommacrape. Your really clutching here mate saying holding is better than them 2.

Rudiger had his best season in a chelsea shirt. He was immense, club had a respectable league finish and a CL win against the best side in england (didnt conceed).

As one arsenal fan to another, please please please never say Sp**s and big 6 or Sp**s and big together.

truth_hurts

Does Holding have any Gibraltan ancestry? His best route to international football. Some cavemen in here actually thought he deserved an England call up? Unforgivable.

Mitch

Does Holding have any Gibraltan ancestry? His best route to international football. Some cavemen in here actually thought he deserved an England call up? Unforgivable.

Holding is best English CB not receive a cap since Steve Bruce.

An superior CB compared to Maguire, who Holding is better at at every aspect except aerial duels (which Holding is also good at).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom