• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looks solid enough most games for us does Rob. He's never going to be Nesta but he hasn't made the blaring errors that Mustafi has done for us over the years.
I'd rather support him when he does play for us than hope he makes a mistake to say I told you so.

Kav

Established Member
I see the opinions on him changing slowly, everyone will be on the bandwagon in a couple of weeks. @BigPoppaPump right again.
He’s got potential, what he needs is to consistently play. Most defenders don’t start peaking until around 27. They are in their prime at 30. Holding has a long way to go.

He just needs to stay healthy and play regularly. This loan could do wonders for him if all goes well.

Iceman10

Established Member
Fair enough thread title in that there was quite a bit of too-clever-by-half nonsense with Park Chu-Young, Elneny, etc. when things went really stale. Slightly unfair in that most people here at Arsenal Mania were looking forward to a big season for Holding last summer based on what he showed before his injury.

Let's play Aubamawang

Holding's lack of pace is a worry against counter-attacking teams, but far more worrying is how casual he is when on the ball. His control and his decision making are both highly suspect.

Now I don't know if all the injuries have knocked his confidence, and obviously affected his development, but at this point I think a fresh start at a club like Newcastle could be best for all concerned. He's going to run out of playing time once our new CBs have adapted.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can’t be bothered to read what you’ve said / what the debate is here. Summarise?

This forum seems to have come to the consensus that Rob Holding is terrible and we need to sell him ASAP. I'm saying he's a good CB with potential and people are writing him off after he's coming back from injury and eventually will jump on the bandwagon once he proves them wrong.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
This forum seems to have come to the consensus that Rob Holding is terrible and we need to sell him ASAP. I'm saying he's a good CB with potential and people are writing him off after he's coming back from injury and eventually will jump on the bandwagon once he proves them wrong.
No doubt in my mind he will turn out a decent defender. For Fulham, West Ham or Brentford.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I see the opinions on him changing slowly, everyone will be on the bandwagon in a couple of weeks. @BigPoppaPump right again.

I've never seen anyone tag them selves :lol:

Tbh I think the best for Holding is a loan. He's had his moments but right now his value is low. I agree he has potential but he's not going to get the chance here, a loan will be best for both. If he excels he can come back and fight for a place.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's nothing to do with returning from injury with holding.

Playing out from the back with a high-pressing team in a back four places big requirements on CBs. They'll need good pace, and ball playing ability.

Holding doesn't have the first and I don't think he has the second either. No surprise the club are willing to move him on while certain man are talking about a redemption arc.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I've never seen anyone tag them selves :lol:

Tbh I think the best for Holding is a loan. He's had his moments but right now his value is low. I agree he has potential but he's not going to get the chance here, a loan will be best for both. If he excels he can come back and fight for a place.
@BigPoppaPump forgot to login to burner account. Happens to the best.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah he’s not as bad as people make out, but on this forum you’re either a fraud or elite. Your posts in the Torreira and Lacazette threads demonstrate that you know that.

I’d still sell Holding btw. He’s a decent defender with potential who’s been unlucky with injuries. But he’s awkward on the ball, and we’re stacked at the CB position. Gabriel and Saliba are much bigger talents, and if we were going to keep a 5th CB around (assuming we could even sell Mustafi / Sokratis), I have a slight preference for Chambers due to his versatility, ability on the ball and superior hairline.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he’s not as bad as people make out, but on this forum you’re either a fraud or elite. Your posts in the Torreira and Lacazette threads demonstrate that you know that.

I’d still sell Holding btw. He’s a decent defender with potential who’s been unlucky with injuries. But he’s awkward on the ball, and we’re stacked at the CB position. Gabriel and Saliba are much bigger talents, and if we were going to keep a 5th CB around (assuming we could even sell Mustafi / Sokratis), I have a slight preference for Chambers due to his versatility, ability on the ball and superior hairline.
:rofl:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Yeah but my Laca and Torreira posts are exaggerations while people are seriously about Holding. Tbh I'm gonna stop that kind of posting cos it's immature and not funny anymore, this season i'm gonna be more serious.

Also I prefer Chambers over Holding too, I feel like Chambers was on his way to being our best CB if he never got injured. Tbh I saw him once in Tottenham Court Road and gave him a head nod and he nodded back so I've always liked Calum.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Pretty normal football terminology in football when a defender gets done. This snowflake era is so depressing.

Mane raped Holding.

Agreed. See people crying all the time about all sorts of benign ****. I still remember being called racist for not rating Gervinho :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Agreed - I won't be terribly depressed if he's sold but if we keep him he's a good defender with a lot of potential. Tall, good in the air, good on the ball, reasonably quick for a tall defender despite people thinking he's slow etc.

Protip: being outpaced by Mane, arguably the best winger in the league, doesn't make you slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom