• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wouldn't sell him right now, I'd loan him. If Holding was a first XI player over a full season for a PL team like Newcastle his value could increase by 10-15m easily. Burnley are rejecting bids of 30m for Tarkowski, Holding would look just as good as Tarkowski in a defensive set-up.

His value could go up in a year defintely. I'd rather cash in now though in order to secure a Partey or Aaour.

We've spent the best part of 90m on defence in the last 15 months. Time to upgrade other areas of the team.

Martinez leaving stings a bit, Maitland-Niles would if we accepted an offer, Holding wouldn't. Confident he'd be an Iwobi, Gibbs or Afobe and not a Gnabry

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
His value could go up in a year defintely. I'd rather cash in now though in order to secure a Partey or Aaour.

We've spent the best part of 90m on defence in the last 15 months. Time to upgrade other areas of the team.

Martinez leaving stings a bit, Maitland-Niles would if we accepted an offer, Holding wouldn't. Confident he'd be an Iwobi, Gibbs or Afobe and not a Gnabry

Right but you've just used the example of Iwobi who we got nearly 40m for. We got maximum value out of Iwobi. Like for sure 20m right now for Holding would be handy, but it's potentially only half of what he could be worth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Right but you've just used the example of Iwobi who we got nearly 40m for. We got maximum value out of Iwobi. Like for sure 20m right now for Holding would be handy, but it's potentially only half of what he could be worth.

In a COVID affected market, getting 20 for Holding is nearly half of the Partey money. Holding could go to Newcastle and have a stinker.

Likelihood is that he'll go out on loan before the window ends.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As I was saying, having him as a 4th choice CB on a low salary is a no brainer.

Think he will have a fair share of games this season while Saliba is adapting to everything and Chambers being out for some time.

Mari transfer makes absolutely no sense at this point, a complete waste of our limited resources.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
As I was saying, having him as a 4th choice CB on a low salary is a no brainer.

Think he will have a fair share of games this season while Saliba is adapting to everything and Chambers being out for some time.

Mari transfer makes absolutely no sense at this point, a complete waste of our limited resources.

I think the fact Mari is left footed helped his case here. I mean, in the limited time we’ve seen him he’s look okay. But we have so many CB’s now. Surely at least 3 need to be sold.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Keep Holding until and unless we have at least four centre-backs better than him. At the moment it's case not proven. He's cheap and our best centre-back in the air.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Our two greatest players were bald.

I think with Holding is that it started when he was still pretty young. That can be traumatizing when u start balding in your early 20s. Even Gabriel's hairline is on life support.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Should of done better for marking on the goal. With the excpetion of 1 moment he had very good game, delt with an inform striker in Antonio very well.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I honestly can't care less about the goal, even world class defenders have moments like this. It wasn't like the worst reaction you will see in football, just a split of a second too slow, but you could argue players around him didn't react in the best way as well.
He is probably the best 4th CB in the league, very cheap and I'm always confident when he is replacing one of our injured starters.

Amazing value for money and hope he stays with us

OSBK

Established Member
He is a liabilty. His passing out is as bad as xhaka, lack of pace and antonio mugged him all game. I dont care if he the 4th choice, that performance wasnt good enough for a top 4 side.

The goals, holding sees the whole picture, he is jogging with antonio and can easily shout to gab to tell him there is a man in behind or do something himself. Poor poor play and going into next week we could get punished badly.

The rcb is a serious serious problem for us, if saliba doesnt hit the ground running then thats the area we will exploited every week.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think the fact Mari is left footed helped his case here. I mean, in the limited time we’ve seen him he’s look okay. But we have so many CB’s now. Surely at least 3 need to be sold.

Depends which ones Arteta rates. Doesn't look like he rates Mustafi, Chambers is out and Saliba is still very young so in those terms he's probably thinking the balance is about right for rotation/fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom