• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He missed numerous passes and runs. He hit a decent pass to Saka there with yards of space, which should be routine for any PL midfielder. If that’s the type of pass that amazes you, then I’m not surprised you’re happy with Xhaka. Saka’s quick turn and incisive pass finding Auba’s run made that goal. I won’t take Xhaka’s pre-pre-assist there away though.

I agree that we are relying on him to transition from defense to attack. What I’m saying is that he does a poor job. A big reason that we struggle against West Ham, even with Xhaka making barn burning passes like that to Saka.

Our frontline is constantly making dynamic moves and a play is frequently on that Xhaka opts to cycle possession because he is incapable of making the right pass. It stunts our attack constantly. It happened over and over vs West Ham. It especially kills the counter.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Xhaka sent specifically Auba away a few times, as for the strawmen you can leave them at the door. Let's address what I actually said, shall we?

I never said he "amazes me", stop being dishonest. If you noticed I gave Saka enormous praise multiple times for his game winning performance. The fact remains that Xhaka finding him early allowed him to find Auba and the rest is history.

All you have to do is watch a Xhaka highlight reel specifically of him vs West Ham in the second half and you see time after time incisive and high tempo play, which often lead to dangerous positions for us.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He missed numerous passes and runs. He hit a decent pass to Saka there with yards of space, which should be routine for any PL midfielder. If that’s the type of pass that amazes you, then I’m not surprised you’re happy with Xhaka. Saka’s quick turn and incisive pass finding Auba’s run made that goal. I won’t take Xhaka’s pre-pre-assist there away though.

I agree that we are relying on him to transition from defense to attack. What I’m saying is that he does a poor job. A big reason that we struggle against West Ham, even with Xhaka making barn burning passes like that to Saka.

Our frontline is constantly making dynamic moves and a play is frequently on that Xhaka opts to cycle possession because he is incapable of making the right pass. It stunts our attack constantly. It happened over and over vs West Ham. It especially kills the counter.

3rd fewest attempts on goal in the league since Arteta took over and this is a big reason why. The Arsenal fans who rate Xhaka’s passing would need 3 pairs of boxers watching Thiago.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
3rd fewest attempts on goal in the league since Arteta took over and this is a big reason why. The Arsenal fans who rate Xhaka’s passing would need 3 pairs of boxers watching Thiago.

Mate you've been advocating for losers like Torreira who could dream of making passes like Xhaka on regular basis, not sure you're in a position to talk about Arsenal fans who rate Xhaka's passing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mate you've been advocating for losers like Torreira who could dream of making passes like Xhaka on regular basis, not sure you're in a position to talk about Arsenal fans who rate Xhaka's passing.

What are you talking about?

When did I ever advocate for Torreira's passing? :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I do rate Xhaka and his passing game, but I don't like him taking 4-5 touches before playing the ball between the lines within transition periods.

He's often too slow there. He could actually easily just change this, but it does not seem to me as if he'd ever try.

Furious

What are you talking about?

When did I ever advocate for Torreira's passing? :lol:

Dunno, you've been advocating for him though.

I do rate Xhaka and his passing game, but I don't like him taking 4-5 touches before playing the ball between the lines within transition periods.

He's often too slow there. He could actually easily just change this, but it does not seem to me as if he'd ever try.

Yeah, true, he's absolutely not perfect, lack of agility is a big hindrance of his.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dunno, you've been advocating for him though.

Yeah, true, he's absolutely not perfect, lack of agility is a big hindrance of his.

Torreira literally has nothing to do with Xhaka slowing down the speed of our passing. Hasn't kicked a ball in months.

Nice use of the old tu quoque fallacy though.

Also, can't believe I've only just clocked your Xhaka Propagandist tag :lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You have no idea what you're talking about. Xhaka sent specifically Auba away a few times, as for the strawmen you can leave them at the door. Let's address what I actually said, shall we?

I never said he "amazes me", stop being dishonest. If you noticed I gave Saka enormous praise multiple times for his game winning performance. The fact remains that Xhaka finding him early allowed him to find Auba and the rest is history.

All you have to do is watch a Xhaka highlight reel specifically of him vs West Ham in the second half and you see time after time incisive and high tempo play, which often lead to dangerous positions for us.

I also never said Xhaka “amazes” you; you brought up Xhaka’s pre-pre—assist as if it was a world beating incisive pass. Funny how you can’t really have a conversation without an ad hominem attack, yet try to call people out for fallacies. We played awful against West Ham and created very little, yet you are still praising like Xhaka was unlocking them. You can say “you don’t know what you’re talking about” all you want, but you live in a glass house.

Furious

Torreira literally has nothing to do with Xhaka slowing down the speed of our passing. Hasn't kicked a ball in months.

Nice use of the old tu quoque fallacy though.

Also, can't believe I've only just clocked your Xhaka Propagandist tag :lol:

Look who's talking about fallacies... what does Thiago have to do with our passing then? :lol: Like he grows on trees when he's literally the best in the world atm. That's why I brought your beloved Torreira up... if he was the one in charge of playmaking from midfield, boy oh boy...

I just looked at what you highlighted from the other poster; Xhaka found our players on a regular basis over the top last game but they kept squandering those opportunities. Besides our forwards are all poor between the lines(excluding Willian for the moment). Yet, he was the one to find Saka between the lines for the 1st goal as well.

Dunno why I've got this tag, never paid attention to it(care to explain this @American_Gooner ?, advocate yes, but propagandist is a joke) when all I have been is saying is; that Xhaka is not nearly as bad as Football Managers like yourself and @The_Playmaker have been saying, and that he is our best midfielder, which has turned to be absolutely spot on.

All while you were gagging for Torreira, Willock, and even AMN to start ahead of him and telling us how much better they are and what not... look how that turned out

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I just looked at what you highlighted from the other poster; Xhaka found our players on a regular basis over the Last game

200.gif

Furious

Worst league finish in 25 years is how it turned out

Yeah that's down to one player?... he was even dropped at one point for a month and it was the worst period of the season. :lol:

As expected though, you've nothing to stand on.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
There's a video in his thread. 15/20 long balls completed as well. I'm sure this this regular occurrence for PL midfielders though.

I went back 3 pages and didn’t see a compilation of Xhaka long balls. I saw the video everyone was posting of the one long ball he did against Fulham and Xhakalites were creaming over.

Furious

I went back 3 pages and didn’t see a compilation of Xhaka long balls. I saw the video everyone was posting of the one long ball he did against Fulham and Xhakalites were creaming over.

It's on the last page. Quote me on that thread if there's anything. Let's not derail this thread any longer.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Look who's talking about fallacies... what does Thiago have to do with our passing then? :lol: Like he grows on trees when he's literally the best in the world atm. That's why I brought your beloved Torreira up... if he was the one in charge of playmaking from midfield, boy oh boy...

I just looked at what you highlighted from the other poster; Xhaka found our players on a regular basis over the top last game but they kept squandering those opportunities. Besides our forwards are all poor between the lines(excluding Willian for the moment). Yet, he was the one to find Saka between the lines for the 1st goal as well.

Dunno why I've got this tag, never paid attention to it(care to explain this @American_Gooner ?, advocate yes, but propagandist is a joke) when all I have been is saying is; that Xhaka is not nearly as bad as Football Managers like yourself and @The_Playmaker have been saying, and that he is our best midfielder, which has turned to be absolutely spot on.

All while you were gagging for Torreira, Willock, and even AMN to start ahead of him and telling us how much better they are and what not... look how that turned out

What do you have to say about Xhaka slowing down our attacking transitions?

Let’s stay on topic.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
That Germany game is gonna get shoved down our throats for years I feel.
& some of the posts here are just pathetic, as if anyone wanted torreira to be a playmaker. The ones that rated Torreira have all moved from their stance but these Xhaka cultists are celebrating over nothing as always.
Your guy is the best midfielder for the team that finished 8th while having the best striker in the league, congratulations. Now go throw a parade or something meanwhile every sane fan hopes that we sign actually good midfielders to bench your guy

Furious

That Germany game is gonna get shoved down our throats for years I feel.
& some of the posts here are just pathetic, as if anyone wanted torreira to be a playmaker. The ones that rated Torreira have all moved from their stance but these Xhaka cultists are celebrating over nothing as always.
Your guy is the best midfielder for the team that finished 8th while having the best striker in the league, congratulations. Now go throw a parade or something meanwhile every sane fan hopes that we sign actually good midfielders to bench your guy

Yikes, if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute go take a **** to Emery you clueless clown. Pretty sure you were part of the losers who were saying that Xhaka was the hill Emery would die on.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yikes, if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute go take a **** to Emery you clueless clown. Pretty sure you were part of the losers who were saying that Xhaka was the hill Emery would die on.
Go find where I said that. You're the one who has nothing to contribute so just resort to spouting things that you make up in your mind & lameass personal attacks. Then again I don't really expect better from a member of the cult dedicated to a bang average player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom