• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People actually think Holding is playing well?! He was good against Fulham. Liability. Sadly, it looks as if he will be staying.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
People actually think Holding is playing well?! He was good against Fulham. Liability. Sadly, it looks as if he will be staying.
The right CB is actually a bit of a worry despite all the defenders we have. Like you I still wouldn`t want to see Holding as a mainstay on the team. Mustafi still injured and looks likely to be sold and Saliba will need time. Chambers also just back from a long injury and is only marginally better than Holding in my opinion. Luiz, Tierney and Gabriel are probably our three best defenders but can`t play together.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
So he is playing well then? At the current time. Mistake aside, he was decent enough against West ham as well.

Didn't rate the West Ham performance and we looked very open vs Leicester. It's about standards and we can't be championing this level of performance if we want to progress as a club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes i think he was very good he still very bad passer but that not his fault he don't have ability to do that

GunnerShy

Scary with the ball at his feet, although tonight is the toughest test of playing it out in world football.

Solid defensively. Of the 300 Centre backs we have at the club at the moment he's in the better half. I think he'll play a fair load of minutes this season. I was a critic, but I'm happy enough we didn't loan him out as it's turning out.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Didn't really get done for pace as far as I can remember. But made some sloppy passes and too slow to get rid of the ball. Did better than expected. But another case of a player who shouldn't be regularly starting for this club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did his best to gift Mane a goal.

Shouldn't really be starting for us if we're an ambitious team.

He's 24 and we're still talking about potential.

He hasn't improved one bit since he's been here.

He's so **** on the ball.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He has some dodgy moments but he was dogged and stuck at it. It would be nice to have a settled back 3 or 4 or 5 but he was all right tonight.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's partially on Arteta to let the teamplay such forced build-up play. The triangle in the box with Luiz Leno and Holding during a GK makes no sense. All three can't deal with it.

A proper ball-playing CB is so important for that and we don't seem to have one.

That being said he was decent defensively despite the suspect moment where he miscontrolled the ball on the edge of the box.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's partially on Arteta to let the teamplay such forced build-up play. The triangle in the box with Luiz Leno and Holding during a GK makes no sense. All three can't deal with it.

A proper ball-playing CB is so important for that and we don't seem to have one.

That being said he was decent defensively despite the suspect moment where he miscontrolled the ball on the edge of the box.
This, plus the fact that we didn't have a midfielder who would collect the ball from defenders, which is just as important as having a CB with composure on the ball.
Think this issue will be easy to analyze by Arteta and he will have to make a different selection for the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom