• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not been bad this season, not gonna lie. He will be keeping his spot unless Arteta starts using Saliba or moves a player to RCB.

Worst case scenario he shows some decent solid games and we sell him for £20m+ next summer.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Quicker than I thought, still better than luiz at. Actually defending. Curious to know if he will be able to play in a back four with gab.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Went from everyone writing him off to our best player this season, my eye for talent is unmatched man. You lot should listen to me, my track record is close 100%.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's entirely possible that if he doesn't get another injury he could become what Keown suggested.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Went from everyone writing him off to our best player this season, my eye for talent is unmatched man. You lot should listen to me, my track record is close 100%.
*coughs loudly* I also have backed Holding. Always hard for a player after a nasty injury, would 100% keep especially over the more liked Chambers who cant do any one position particularly well.

BigPoppaPump

*coughs loudly* I also have backed Holding. Always hard for a player after a nasty injury, would 100% keep especially over the more liked Chambers who cant do any one position particularly well.

See I was gonna like this until you dissed Chambers who's also my boy, he was our best CB before the ACL

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m definitely living in a parallel universe. Was run ragged by Antonio v West Ham and lost him for their goal. Run ragged by Robertson and Mané v Liverpool, which is more acceptable but still strange seeing how everyone thinks he’s been so good.

Played well against Fulham and Leicester reserves, but I was counting down to Saliba starting and disappointed to hear he’s not ready this season.

Holding is a capable defender. Especially in the air and in a back 3. On the floor though, his lack of pace and technique is a major worry and there’s a reason why 80% of our attacks go down the left side.

If he continues to grow and gain confidence though I’m happy. He’s better than Mustafi that’s for sure.

BigPoppaPump

I’m definitely living in a parallel universe. Was run ragged by Antonio v West Ham and lost him for their goal. Run ragged by Robertson and Mané v Liverpool, which is more acceptable but still strange seeing how everyone thinks he’s been so good.

Played well against Fulham and Leicester reserves, but I was counting down to Saliba starting and disappointed to hear he’s not ready this season.

Holding is a capable defender. Especially in the air and in a back 3. On the floor though, his lack of pace and technique is a major worry and there’s a reason why 80% of our attacks go down the left side.

If he continues to grow and gain confidence though I’m happy. He’s better than Mustafi that’s for sure.

Sounds like you have some unconscious bias against him and see every dribble as him being 'run ragged'.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

I haven't been impressed this season, but felt he played well on Thursday. Could any of his fans tell me what his best attributes are though?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He’s alright in a 3, everyone knew that before. I doubt we’ll see him much when we move back to a 4 man defense.

tcahill

Agree with this completely. Decent defender but far from our best. Chambers and Mustafi should be challenging for that RCB spot very soon.

GoonerBoy19

We are going to loose 3 CBs next year, there is no harm in keeping both Chambers and Holding as they are home grown. It's just we need Saliba to click as he costed us 30m to partner with Gabriel. We could slowly phase out Mari and buy another top defender in next few windows to add depth.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agree with this completely. Decent defender but far from our best. Chambers and Mustafi should be challenging for that RCB spot very soon.
Mustafi is way better than him tbh. Yes Mustafi makes mistakes, but he does a lot of good defending. Holding doesn’t do much. I never see him do something great. He just waits out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom