• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He has been starting CB in 2 FA Cup final wins and is underrated. Sure, he is not the ball progressor, or passer that you'd like. Neither does he have the speed for recovery.

However, he is a smart defender along with Callum Chambers.
Both a very good squad options (maybe I like Chambers starting at RB now as he has grown as a player).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Please elaborate. What is to like about this travesty captaining our side at times and being a starter?

I'll step in and I'll level with you Truth because you're a brother I have much respect for.

Is Holding starting quality? Absolutely not.

But is he terrible? Naa, he's had some decent performances this season (I'm thinking Utd away particularly) and as purely a back up, I'm completely fine with him.

However - however, where I'll start losing some screws is if we are pushing out Saliba (if White comes in) rather than Holding, then I start asking questions because you can't tell me that Holding has more overall ability and potential than man like William Saliba.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Please elaborate. What is to like about this travesty captaining our side at times and being a starter?

- consistently produces good peformance (our next most consistent after Tierney).
- Between Holdini and Tierney for our most vocal leader in the pitch.
- Big game since joining us (very good record against the top 6)
- Played a vital role in us having one of best defensive records in the league (we struggled to keep a cleansheet without him).
- Adams and Campbell have said that he isba future arsenal captain and said he has been very good for us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
- consistently produces good peformance (our next most consistent after Tierney).
- Between Holdini and Tierney for our most vocal leader in the pitch.
- Big game since joining us (very good record against the top 6)
- Played a vital role in us having one of best defensive records in the league (we struggled to keep a cleansheet without him).
- Adams and Campbell have said that he isba future arsenal captain and said he has been very good for us.
Vomited reading that.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Where does this thing come from that Holding is poor with the ball? Hes very good under pressure and he generally moves it forward centrally when there someone showing for it, he has deceptively quick feet which he shows when players press him. Sokratis was poor with the ball at this feet.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Where does this thing come from that Holding is poor with the ball? Hes very good under pressure and he generally moves it forward centrally when there someone showing for it, he has deceptively quick feet which he shows when players press him. Sokratis was poor with the ball at this feet.
People love making things up about how he’s slow and poor with the ball when he’s actually pretty quick and a good forward passer.

His biggest weakness is he’s slow to react at times and tends to play with trepidation but you know most people don’t actually understand football they just judge based on their own biases.

Gooner1988TK

Rob gets too much unwanted H8 directed towards him....passing is weak point but there's something about him I really like.
Probably seeing him get out jumped by midgets consistently is what you really like. I bet Alexis used to destroy him in training on set pieces.

Pyres7

However - however, where I'll start losing some screws is if we are pushing out Saliba (if White comes in) rather than Holding, then I start asking questions because you can't tell me that Holding has more overall ability and potential than man like William Saliba.
But Holding has played in the PL and Saliba has only played in Ligue 1... which means Holding is twice as good as him right?

#AM logic

Kav

Established Member
Holding is no where near the travesty that Mustafi and Xhaka were in terms of performances and mistakes.

You may not like him but your hyperbole will be called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom