• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Maybe someone at the club finally realised that you can't let 4 home grown players leave from a squad without enough home grown players over the age of 21 no matter how much some journo's with about as much clout as a random muppet ITK on twitter keep saying we're going to sell them all.

We simply can't sell Martinez, Holding, AMN, Bellerin & Chambers in one one window. An absoulte maximum of 2 can leave, and it makes sense for the club not to agree to sell any of them until they have a better idea about which sale represents the best value for the club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Maybe someone at the club finally realised that you can't let 4 home grown players leave from a squad without enough home grown players over the age of 21 no matter how much some journo's with about as much clout as a random muppet ITK on twitter keep saying we're going to sell them all.

We simply can't sell Martinez, Holding, AMN, Bellerin & Chambers in one one window. An absoulte maximum of 2 can leave, and it makes sense for the club not to agree to sell any of them until they have a better idea about which sale represents the best value for the club.

Yeah they should listen to some random muppet on an Arsenal forum who has no idea how the homegrown rule works.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah they should listen to some random muppet on an Arsenal forum who has no idea how the homegrown rule works.

Explain to me how I'm wrong.

You can have a maximum of 17 non homegrown senior players in your squad.

At the moment we have 19, and all our designated transfer targets according reports are non home grown.

At present we have 6 homegrown players over 21. The rest of our squad are kids.

Sure, you CAN diminish those homegrown numbers and rely on the kids to give you a squad remotely capable of functioning in multiple competitions. But given how the other big clubs consistently pay over the odds for homegrown talent because they fail to produce their own, I don't see the value in us letting us let ours go below the market rate to raise funds for signings we can only register if we have at least 3 'foreign' players sitting unusable without sales.

If we sell homegrown players we are merely shrinking our squad options, so it should be a last resort or the result of another team overpaying. Our non homegrown players of similar status we can take a hit on, because we need to lose 3 before we can sign someone new and use them all.

Like I said, you CAN sell HG players in our current situation, but strategically it needs to be a fall back option rather than a primary choice.

So delaying any potential deals for HG players out is EXACTLY what the club should do, because selling them should not be our priority.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's hope the U turn is because Arteta has found a buyer for the s**t b**tars as opposed to a loan offer.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This could be because Bellerin and Martinez are leaving

MikeVinna

Established Member
Maybe Saliba & Gabriel are not all that in training?

They’ll need time which is understandable. Hopefully Sokratis is out the door. That leaves us with Luiz and Holding as players that don’t need to adapt. Mari will be the first one back out of our injured trio of CB’s but he still needs time to adapt himself. Only played 3 games for us. Mustafi and Chambers shouldn’t count at this point.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Explain to me how I'm wrong.

You can have a maximum of 17 non homegrown senior players in your squad.

At the moment we have 19, and all our designated transfer targets according reports are non home grown.

At present we have 6 homegrown players over 21. The rest of our squad are kids.

Sure, you CAN diminish those homegrown numbers and rely on the kids to give you a squad remotely capable of functioning in multiple competitions. But given how the other big clubs consistently pay over the odds for homegrown talent because they fail to produce their own, I don't see the value in us letting us let ours go below the market rate to raise funds for signings we can only register if we have at least 3 'foreign' players sitting unusable without sales.

If we sell homegrown players we are merely shrinking our squad options, so it should be a last resort or the result of another team overpaying. Our non homegrown players of similar status we can take a hit on, because we need to lose 3 before we can sign someone new and use them all.

Like I said, you CAN sell HG players in our current situation, but strategically it needs to be a fall back option rather than a primary choice.

So delaying any potential deals for HG players out is EXACTLY what the club should do, because selling them should not be our priority.
I fear you are much too factual and logical for this forum, my friend - and not an expletive in sight

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It would be interesting with your gentle empathic manner. I'd like to see you manage Man Utd, Ferguson was The hairdryer you would be The Flame Thrower! :)

Tbh I'd much rather be an agent than a manager, seems to be way less stressful but you make way more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom