• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I said earlier this season that defensively, Holding is better than Maguire and got laughed at.

It's clearly true though given the recent games
To be fair Maguire had a really good 2020/2021 season. Finished 2nd in the euros as England's commanding defender as well.

He's turned 180 this season though. Truly dogsh1t

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Utd was in absolute shambles when he was injured, though.
@Juan Matas Beard please confirm?

Yeah, we were but it wasn't because he was so great, it was because he was less bad than the others like Bailly who's hot and cold, and Lindelof who's a bit aerially weak. We were getting battered in every set piece and were so aerially weak without him because of the other options we had to persist with. That sort of elevated his reputation during his absence.

I think now that we have Varane, we dislike Maguire a bit more because all he brought to the team was winning a few headers here and there but he's pretty brainless and physically so slow. We're actually better of with either Lindelof or Bailly next to Varane than Maguire. Maguire's mistakes are happening almost every game now, he's reaching Mustafi territory.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feel lobing him on and going 3 at the back with 20mins to go if we're winning is quite a viable tactic, especially away from home. We just don't look like ever conceding.

Xln

Yeah, we were but it wasn't because he was so great, it was because he was less bad than the others like Bailly who's hot and cold, and Lindelof who's a bit aerially weak. We were getting battered in every set piece and were so aerially weak without him because of the other options we had to persist with. That sort of elevated his reputation during his absence.

I think now that we have Varane, we dislike Maguire a bit more because all he brought to the team was winning a few headers here and there but he's pretty brainless and physically so slow. We're actually better of with either Lindelof or Bailly next to Varane than Maguire. Maguire's mistakes are happening almost every game now, he's reaching Mustafi territory.
That's what I understood. My utd mate was telling me how Maguire was actually the pillar of the utd defense, after he was absent. Hearing that and playing a solid euros you would think he is the next Maldini.
What happens next is a plane crash.

Xln

Looking at Redcafe today a lot of fans want him dropped.
That's right, understandable. He's been absolute rubbish appearently, this season that is.

I was referring to last season though, you don't lead your national team to the finals without conceding any goals. There is a massive player in Maguire but I think, mentally, he's finished.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Guy gets 9 clearances and that's what you go with?!
Holding was rock solid yesterday. I honestly wasn't all that worried when we went down to 10 men and he came on. Sure, we were on the ropes a bit, but our defenders can actually defend as a unit now and Holding is a super solid squad player for us.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Quite an old school defender. Not spectacular but very solid. Clearing crosses is bread and butter for defenders like him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was kinda worried the transplant would make him worse in the air, could imagine him being worried about destroying his new hair...but it's the opposite!

One of the best defensive heading performances I have seen, especially up against someone like Jimenez, who is great in the air.

Symbia

Holding is basically a bald van Dijk in 3 man center defence. His best games are always in that setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom