• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: Robbing a Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
People really hating on our 4th choice CB for not being great one game? Gabriel has been really bad at times this season and Saliba really wasn’t great against PSV either.

Holding is still as solid as backups come these days.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tell that to the posters who respect Pepe for starting and winning an FA cup or Auba for single handedly carrying us to one. :lol:
Yeah, why would I tell that to anyone? I respect those guys for what they did.

You're the one who doesn't respect Holding doing that twice. So naturally you shouldn't respect Pepe or Auba either.

Btw. Holding was a backup who came to rescue due to injuries in those finals, cost 3 million euros, while the guys you mention cost 64-80 million euros, and were expected to do big things. They both cost over 20x more and were part of one final win.

Holding for what he cost, is a way bigger hero for Arsenal than your favourite Pepe.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, why would I tell that to anyone? I respect those guys for what they did.

You're the one who doesn't respect Holding doing that twice. So naturally you shouldn't respect Pepe or Auba either.

Btw. Holding was a backup who came to rescue due to injuries in those finals, cost 3 million euros, while the guys you mention cost 64-80 million euros, and were expected to do big things. They both cost over 20x more and were part of one final win.

Holding for what he cost, is a way bigger hero for Arsenal than your favourite Pepe.
I mean you’re telling me to respect Holding, so why don’t you go and tell others to respect other players who have started in FA cup finals?

I don’t have favourites, I just defend players who I feel are unfairly maligned. Pepe, Auba, Laca, Gabriel, Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil and Leno are all players I’ve defended on here in recent years.

Btw there’s no way you’ve tried to dictate how much you should respect someone based against their price tag, that is bizzare :lol:

drippin

I mean you’re telling me to respect Holding, so why don’t you go and tell others to respect other players who have started in FA cup finals?

I don’t have favourites, I just defend players who I feel are unfairly maligned. Pepe, Auba, Laca, Gabriel, Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil and Leno are all players I’ve defended on here in recent years.

Btw there’s no way you’ve tried to dictate how much you should respect someone based against their price tag, that is bizzare :lol:
I have no interest in that, you can do it as you see it important.

The price tag is just additional point of how much over the expectations he has performed, to be an important part in those two cup wins for Arsenal.

What's really bizarre is you not respecting Holding for those achievements. I can only wonder about the reasons for it, for an Arsenal fan.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Should have been kicked out the club after the NLD. The fact that this guy is still getting games after 7 years here is a massive stain on the club.

Needs to be gone in the summer along with Cedric, Elneny and Lokonga - all bums.
I don't get how El Neny has been here so long. I have nightmares of a El Neny-Xhaka partnership.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't get how El Neny has been here so long. I have nightmares of a El Neny-Xhaka partnership.
The fact that he’s preferable to Lokonga shows how bad our recruitment has been in midfield.

Shocking stuff.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The fact that he’s preferable to Lokonga shows how bad our recruitment has been in midfield.

Shocking stuff.
Sambi should just not play as a 6 Arteta tryna do what Pep did with Fernandinho or what Arsène did with Lauren but it’s not working.

But still I’d rather see him than El Neny I really don’t rate him at all and hate that he’s been here so long. Also some fans seem to overrate him like he’s actually decent.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think we all agree Elneny & Holding have been great servants of the club, but they represent a previous era at the club, which saw us decline badly, albeit still managing to pick up a few FA Cups.

They're not the level we require & everyone knows, but whilst they are here they should be used wisely as we literally don't have many other squad options.

They're solid pros & probably very important in the dressing room & at training, as in senior pros & good examples..

Mo is leaving in the summer & I expect we will listen to offers for Holding too.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's a 4th choice CB who is decent enough when called upon more often than not. Has the odd poor game as against PSV. It's what you'd expect.

To me he's fine for what he is. If someone comes in for him for fairly decent money I wouldn't be against selling but it wouldn't be a priority for me.

He's a 6/10 CB that has a few ups and downs. That's what you tend to get for a 4th choice guy who's happy as a squad player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Definition of white British privilege on A-M this guy, in fairness tho we're not as reliant on him anymore so it's not a big issue. Just gotta hope he doesn't have to play in any important games.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What's really bizarre is you not respecting Holding for those achievements. I can only wonder about the reasons for it, for an Arsenal fan.
It’s a team game where players can be carried by others. I don’t think every Arsenal fan respects every player who’s ever won a trophy with us.

It’s not like I’m trashing Holding either, I just think he’s a poor player. The reason I don’t respect him is because of his attitude in AON and his bizzare approach to that NLD last season.

Before then I simply didn’t rate him but wasn’t super vocal about it.

D

Deleted member 102404

It’s a team game where players can be carried by others. I don’t think every Arsenal fan respects every player who’s ever won a trophy with us.

It’s not like I’m trashing Holding either, I just think he’s a poor player. The reason I don’t respect him is because of his attitude in AON and his bizzare approach to that NLD last season.

He's actually a useful squad player for times when we need to switch to a back 5.
Every time Arteta has called on him in that situation he's done extremely well.
Where he struggles is when he slots into a back 4.
I would say limited to a certain role in the squad - but good at it.

drippin

Well, respecting Holding for coming to rescue due to injuries and starting and winning two FA Cup finals, doesn't have to be about his level as a player overall. He has been a good squad player for 3 million euros, got hit by bad injury, and will still likely bring a nice profit.

I can't understand why an Arsenal fan wouldn't respect any player who has been very important in winning trophies. Goes over my head, but so do many things in AM.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He's actually a useful squad player for times when we need to switch to a back 5.
Every time Arteta has called on him in that situation he's done extremely well.
Where he struggles is when he slots into a back 4.
I would say limited to a certain role in the squad - but good at it.
Yeah I don’t disagree. Just not sure why I have to respect him for doing his job.

It’s not like like I’m disrespecting him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s a poor player but is also useful in a way as he’s happy to play 10/15 games a season in the cups and not complain. Fills the HG quota as well and probably is quite cheap. Would keep him around.

D

Deleted member 102404

Yeah I don’t disagree. Just not sure why I have to respect him for doing his job.

It’s not like like I’m disrespecting him.

Fair enough.
TBH, a footballer has to do something beyond kicking a ball around a pitch for me to respect them beyond a basic level of respect for another human being, no matter who they are.
Always worth remembering that none of these players right now - or the manager - will be here in a few years, but the vast majority of fans will be. Managers/players are just passing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom