• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160722/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-rob-holding

Arsenal agree deal to sign Rob Holding
Pictures: Rob Holding in Arsenal colours
The 20-year-old enjoyed a promising first senior campaign in 2015/16, making 30 appearances for Bolton and winning the club's player of the season award.

This summer, Rob helped England Under-21s to victory in the Toulon tournament in France alongside Calum Chambers.

Rob is a versatile player, comfortable at both centre back and full back, and we look forward to him joining up with the squad. His transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

We remain in the market, so stay close to Arsenal.com for any further transfer news.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

zp_656493587_SM_2872_D08241F3DA6AC0102D57AE55283B23A1_3651.jpg

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
My anticipation for this guy is that he's the next silvestre, squid, Cygan, senderos, djourou etc
I think Gabriel could prove to be that one.

Rob will certainly need time to adapt. A cup appearance and few minutes in easier league games will be good test for him. I hope he get's involved with the team soonish so we may see him in pre-season friendlies as well.

Brett

Just saw the pics don't puma brand/make shoes......why is he wearing nike ones:confused:

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Good signing. Hopefully he goes out on loan straight away instead of stalling his development on the bench like Chambers.

Sanogoals

Welcome and good luck Rob.

I have a good feeling about this signing to be honest. Looks a good prospect from what I've seen and heard.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Welcome to Arsenal, Hodor. I like whatever I've learned so far, the player and the man. Good stuff.

BBF

Welcome Rob, he looks like a good player. He'll definitely be with us in the future.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So, he says he can cover anywhere at the back but is defo more comfortable at CB.

Good stuff.

Ideally, Chambers now gets a loan to play regularly and this guy comes in and fights for minutes with the rest of the defenders.

Long term hope is that he develops, and Chambers does well in his potential loan and we have two quality young English defenders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So, he says he can cover anywhere at the back but is defo more comfortable at CB.

Good stuff.

Ideally, Chambers now gets a loan to play regularly and this guy comes in and fights for minutes with the rest of the defenders.

Long term hope is that he develops, and Chambers does well in his potential loan and we have two quality young English defenders.
Watford and Southampton have been linked with Chambers. A good PL loan for him would leave us with:

Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gabriel and Holding.

Still need a starting CB, happy for Holding to cover RB so we can sell Debuchy and Jenkinson.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Watford and Southampton have been linked with Chambers. A good PL loan for him would leave us with:

Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gabriel and Holding.

Still need a starting CB, happy for Holding to cover RB so we can sell Debuchy and Jenkinson.

I might just go with Kos, Per and Gabriel again this season as long as we get a good striker.

Then sign a top CB next summer, depending on how Gabriel, Holding and Chambers have developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom