• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just awful. He was really turning into a brilliant defender. I think he would have given Southgate something to think about this summer had he been able to continue his trajectory this season. Of course this was a freak thing on a wet pitch but it's just so depressing that this has happened to so many of our young players over the last few years just as they've started to really hit their stride. Hopefully he'll recover well and be back stronger at the start of next season. Really gutted for him though, he seems a great lad with a real appetite to be the best footballer he can be so he doesn't deserve this bad luck.

Batman

Rob Holding: Of players aged 23 and under, only Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (67.7) is making more passes per game than Holding (61.4) in the Premier League this season (5+ apps)

He was very important for our build-up. Will we make a move in January or will Koscielny and Mavropanos be enough ?
It would be wise to go after Benatia. We can't take it as a given that Kos will come back with no lingering effects and we're one more injury at CB away from a full blown crisis where we're possibly playing Monreal or Kolasinac back there.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It would be wise to go after Benatia. We can't take it as a given that Kos will come back with no lingering effects and we're one more injury at CB away from a full blown crisis where we're possibly playing Monreal or Kolasinac back there.

Could someone like Gary Cahill be a short term solution? Contract up at the end of the season and I'm sure Chelsea would be happy to let him go earlier. Comfortable in a back three.

ptrcopp

Rob Holding: Of players aged 23 and under, only Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (67.7) is making more passes per game than Holding (61.4) in the Premier League this season (5+ apps)

He was very important for our build-up. Will we make a move in January or will Koscielny and Mavropanos be enough ?

He adapted very will and quick too. He did what CBS need to do in a back three - push on and help the midfield in build up and stopping counters. Monreal did this very well. So did Azpiliqueta at Chelsea

ptrcopp

Unless we recall Chambers, though he is playing in midfield atm

ptrcopp

Professional athletes usually come back within 6 to 9 months( usually closer to 9) and they’ll operate pretty soon so he should be back for the start of next season unless there are setbacks.

Gutted for him, just when he was getting a chance regurlarly as a starter.

And there would be any need to rush him back in 6 because that’s the end of the season. He may as well do the full rehab.

Batman

Could someone like Gary Cahill be a short term solution? Contract up at the end of the season and I'm sure Chelsea would be happy to let him go earlier. Comfortable in a back three.
I haven't watched enough of him in recent years to know how comfortable he is on the ball. I'll trust whatever Sven and Emery come up with as a solution. Definitely a possibility though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Sad news. This looked like it was going to be the season where he finally arrived. Goodness knows whether this will finish his Arsenal career.

There are a load of central defenders out of contract in summer. Alderweild, Vertonghen, Mangala, Phil Jones, Smalling, Cahill, Luiz and further afield Godin and Filipe Luis.

Problem is many of them (whether you like them or not) are at clubs who consider themselves are rivals so they are not going to be the fools we were with Van Persie and let us have them in January. Risk losing £30 million on CL football for the sake of £5 million in the bank. I suspect the only one we could get from there is Mangala because City don't lose players they want, they discard players they don't want to improve, but would we want him?

Regardless of what happens to Holding the club needs to consider Koscielny's position so if a very good player was available my instinct would be to make a bid. Sadly Kronke is unlikely to share my views.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont think his career with us in jeopardy, he's still very young with a long term contract and he has shown his quality to Emery this season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's horrible for Holding but he should be back a month into the new season all being well. I wish him a straight forward and speedy recovery. I did think that Rashford left his foot in a bit. A tackle like that always risks opening up the ligaments and only he will know about his true intentions but there's a lot of sly players out there.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What a shame was having a great start to the season. Hopefully he can come back stronger.

Do feel like we've left ourselves a bit short. Sokratis and Mustafi now but after that we've got Koscielny who's probably finished at this level sadly and Mavropanos who's still a relative unknown.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Well, we've seen a couple of players rehab in good time lately, so hopefully he can make a full recovery and be back next August. Get well soon, Holdini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom