• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Worked out spectacularly for them with Chambers.

Sure they’ll get it right this time.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Tomiyasu can also play CB. With BW looking good at RB we have two versatile players that can cover both CB and RB positions.

Right now Holding is probably 5th choice CB.

So can KT but those two need to focus on getting and staying fit really.

I wouldn't be pencilling either of them in ahead of Holding in the CB rankings on that basis.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Got a soft spot for Rob good honest pro👍However if a big offer came in & we could replace with a more mobile pacy CB I would certainly understand the appeal.
The guy is very decent though most of the time although the Sp**s disaster class exposed him & why ideally with the type of game we play we need pace at CB.
Man City have Ake as 4th choice? Don't think he is much better than Rob but is quicker.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Holding is much better defensively and has much better positional awareness. White is more a ball player who is much better suited to playing RB or CM.
In a vacuum where the way the team play isn't taken into consideration then maybe Holding is better defensively than White. I like him a lot but he is nowhere even close to as good as White for the way we play.

He is excellent in a low block, very dominant in the air, attacks the ball well. He would suit defensive or counter attacking team well, could see him looking good at Sp**s who I think suit his strengths.

However for the high line we play with both full backs inverted so there is lots of space out wide to cover and where passing ability is very important to retain possession and start our attacks he is extremely limited.

Personally I rate White as our best defender, he doesn't have the physical dominance of Gabriel but he isn't as rash, reads the game better and is more comfortable on the ball. I'm not including Saliba as he has played 2 games for us so far too early to make a call in my opinion.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Holding don't have high value it's all about if we got chance selling him higher than his actual value. Most teams know he 4th choice currently and he'll be open to move to PL club if there is good offer for him. We made mistake with Niles and we did right thing with Willock if holding is not in your plan then if 15-20M came we have to sell.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surely Holding himself would be pushing for more first team opportunities at this stage of his career, might like being teachers pet tho.

Tomb Bombadil

People saying we should sell him if we can get 25m for him. Really? I don't see them paying more than 15m. They still have Mings, Konsa and Chambers.

BIoodBrother

People saying we should sell him if we can get 25m for him. Really? I don't see them paying more than 15m. They still have Mings, Konsa and Chambers.
They're surely gonna offer 5mil.
But we want that left footed CB and might deal at 10. Holding seems like a big positive calm presence in the dressing room. Hope it doesn't happen.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It all depends on whether there are LCB targets we can get in to replace. I think we would sell if there were & from various reports this year, Arteta wants another LCB anyway.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Surely Holding himself would be pushing for more first team opportunities at this stage of his career, might like being teachers pet tho.

Maybe he likes everyone at the training ground complimenting his plugs.

You move to Villa and suddenly only Chambers knows he was losing hair.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Finally, I appreciate his commitment but he is not a starter perfect for the bench.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
No point selling him for much less than £12-15m but if you get that sort of offer then it's worth taking the money and re-investing. He's a good squad option though, we're unlikely to get a 4th/5th choice with his quality, especially useful to chuck on when we are protecting a lead - had some massive back to the wall performances for us.

REWB

I'd sell just based on that performance vs Sp**s. I wanted him gone and I still want him gone. **** off!

Every time I look at him it reminds me of that defeat. I need this guy to leave just so I can forget that ****ing game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Makes 0 sense selling him now. In defence we are well covered and have enough bodies, barring a run of injuries, to compete in all compeitions.

White/Saliba/Gabriel first choice.

Holding/one of above/Tomiyasu cup games.

League Cup better out of it at the first chance. Waste of time. Focus on League, Europa League, FA cup in that order.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Makes 0 sense selling him now. In defence we are well covered and have enough bodies, barring a run of injuries, to compete in all compeitions.

White/Saliba/Gabriel first choice.

Holding/one of above/Tomiyasu cup games.

League Cup better out of it at the first chance. Waste of time. Focus on League, Europa League, FA cup in that order.
If a good offer comes we should sell. It's not difficult to replace a player of Holding's quality. Hell Jason Denayer and Dan-Axel Zagadou are available on a free.

Mudi

I'm thinking that Leicester will come for him once they sell Fofana to Chelsea.

A bidding war between Leicester and Villa may creates us a possibility to catch 25 to 30 million.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I'm thinking that Leicester will come for him once they sell Fofana to Chelsea.

A bidding war between Leicester and Villa may creates us a possibility to catch 25 to 30 million.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom