• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0D

Almighty
If we replace him who exactly could we get? Nobody is going to want to come to a club to be the fourth choice centerback.

To me Holding is all you really need as the fourth choice centre back. He can do a job when required and that's all you can really ask for for a squad player like him. Isn't like we are Man City after all.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If we replace him who exactly could we get? Nobody is going to want to come to a club to be the fourth choice centerback.

To me Holding is all you really need as the fourth choice centre back. He can do a job when required and that's all you can really ask for for a squad player like him. Isn't like we are Man City after all.
Tomiyasu can be the 4th choice CB.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yeah until Tomiyasu or White get injured. Then you are left having to play one of Saliba or Gabriel in EL, FA cup and league.

Tomi has proven he is unreliable fitness wise. Let's not leave ourselves short again. Sell Bellerin, AMN and Pepe first.
Norton-Cuffy might step up as an option at RB.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Norton-Cuffy might step up as an option at RB.
He may do OK the early stages of competitions but I wouldn't want to rely on him.

If a stupid offer comes in and he wants to go then fair enough but I look at him like Elneny. Low wages, seems to accept his role and normally does it to a decent standard.

To find that you probably need to pay 10m and then you have to worry will the player adapt.

Personally I just want Bellerin, AMN shifted maybe Pepe and try to add one more player to the group.

Reactions: A_G

Ciscoo

Not sure why any promising young CB would come here? We have four already and they all want to start at the World Cup. An attacking RB would make more sense but that might push Norton-Cuffy out before we can size him up.

There just doesn’t seem any reason to sell Rob unless we get a huge fee. Stability is underrated. We do better when we’re not full of new players who need time to adapt from other leagues.

I won’t even expand on my hunch that we’d sign another Mari on a long contract.

Pepesuave

How about the youth CB that played in preseason?

G0D

Almighty
How about the youth CB that played in preseason?

As fans we’ve all been crying out for depth for years; depth we are realistically going to need this year so why would it be a good idea to get rid of a reliable 4th choice centerback that can do a job when called upon and replace him with a youth cb that could either sink or swim?

If the youth cbs are good they will end up replacing Holding and he can then be sold… for now it would just be an unnecessary risk when the club and we as fans should be aiming forward.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tomiyasu can barely stay fit long enough to play RB, I’d be uneasy using him as CB cover.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He can do a job when required and that's all you can really ask for for a squad player like him.
While generally his ****housery is fine, he can get carried away, like in the Spuds game, and get sent off quick, but I agree. No point in selling him right now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Good luck :lol: No one's gonna pay that
Nah, he is good in a system with a defense that stays deep which would involve most of the bottom table clubs. He got exposed with us but his strengths were never in his passing and playing a high line which our defenders are required to have.

Think he is easily worth 15M, but we dragged his price with the way we play so 10M is acceptable IMO

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There still no real rumors about him leaving but with timber signing he should leave some bottom half club that play in more defensive formation will want him.

DuBB

Good luck :lol: No one's gonna pay that

Rob Holding is a valuable defender if your team sits deep and mostly defends in the majority of the games you play.

Just because he doesn't suit us and isn't "worth" much to us, doesn't mean he isn't worth a lot to others.

If you swapped many Prem CBs with Holding (most CBs from below the Top 8/9) they'd look exactly like Holding did in the back half of our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom